Chapter 12: Angry

Fundy POV.

"George will be walking up your steps in one minute." the voice from the earpiece echoed in my ear. "Do you have the correct props, Fundy?" I had gone over the script three times already, knowing what I was expected to say and how I was expected to react to all of George's predictable behaviours.

"Do you mean my phone?" I asked, which was already in my hand. When George comes in I am expected to be on my phone, as though I was calling the police. Then I hang up when he walks in and start laying into him for leaving.

"Yes I do mean your phone." The voice responded. At the moment it was a man who was talking to me, but not someone I knew the name of.
"Then why not just say phone?" I intentionally turned away from the camera to hide my eye roll. It was clear he was new here, but I didn't say anything.

"Well yes I do have a phone. I'm going to call the town police now so that when he turns up it seems I've been making a report for a few minutes." As I said that I pulled my phone out and was typing some stuff out.
"Okay..." He seemed somewhat unsure, but didn't complain.

There was silence for a few long moments, but then the man spoke up again. "George will be at the front door in twelve seconds." I nodded, knowing that the camera was likely about to move inside so that the audience could watch George coming into the house. After taking a deep breath I began yelling into the phone in my hand.

"What do you mean I can't file a missing persons report yet!?" I asked, glaring downwards. "How many other cases do you have to deal with at the police station!" A voice came on the other end of the phone, someone from the police station that was on the other end of the call, simply waiting for his cue to respond to me.

"Sir. You have to wait 48 hours before reporting someone missing. Are you sure he didn't just leave for a walk?" I heard the door opening behind me, but I kept my back to the door, acting as though I was so caught up in yelling I didn't notice him come in.

"He is my boyfriend!" I yelled. "I would know where he is. He and I love each other. I wouldn't go anywhere without telling him first. That is how trust is built!"
"Fundy..." The voice behind me was quiet. I spun around, seeing him standing there awkwardly. He barely glanced at me before awkwardly looking away.

I decided to talk into the phone as though I didn't just have him walk through the door. After letting out a loud sigh I grumbled. "You cops are useless. I'd have much more success finding a missing person myself than you would." Then I hung up the phone before finally looking over to George with an unhappy expression.

"Hey Fundy." He said awkwardly, refusing to make eye contact with me. "Sorry that I was gone so long. I was getting some Panadol." He showed me the box to prove himself.
"'Sorry you were gone so long'? You were missing for hours and that's all you say. You have to have a better explanation than just 'getting some panadol'."

"Well on my way back I was tired and I saw Clay... Niki's cousin." He explained. "I explained that I was getting panadol for my migraines and he offered to get me a glass of water so that the effects would happen sooner." He paused before adding. "I didn't mean to make you worried."

My earpiece came to life. "The box is still sealed." A voice told me. It was the same guy from earlier but there was someone else talking alongside him. My brows furrowed.
"I'm not sure if I believe you George." I explained. "The box is still sealed. You haven't taken any of the Panadol."

He began to sweat, glancing away from me. "I swear that I was going to. I just fell asleep when I was at Niki's house." He hesitated, it was clear all that trust stuff was getting to him, and he engulfed me into a hug. "Fundy, I'm sorry. I love you. I didn't mean to break your trust. Please don't hate me."

I didn't say anything, just letting him beg to me. It was something that clearly he was deeply sorry about, and I eventually sighed. "I forgive you." I told him, seeing hope and happiness begin to appear in his gaze. "I trust you. I know that you would never cheat on me."

George POV.

"Fundy, I'm sorry. I love you. I didn't mean to break your trust. Please don't hate me." I said. The things that he had said on the phone about trust was really getting to me. Fundy looked at me for a moment, listened to me basically grovel to him. Then eventually he gave a nod.
"I forgive you." He gave a small smile. "I trust you. I know that you would never cheat on me."

When the 'trust' thing was brought back up I began feeling bad again. I sighed, walking over to him. "I could... um... cook for lunch?" I offered, despite knowing my cooking skills weren't the best. "Or pay to go to a movie?"

"I don't think so." He answered. "I have stuff I need to do today. I put it off because I was worried about you." 

Fundy POV

He let out a small 'oh' sound before slinking upstairs, muttering about how he was going to take a shower. Part of me pitied him, I mean my actions, despite them being scripted, were definitely hurting him.

I glanced at my watch and let out a relieved sigh. It was almost lunchtime, and so I was going to be leaving the dome to meet up with my girlfriend. I hadn't been able to see her all week, and so I had the opportunity to have lunch with her.

When I first met her we were cautious about the fact that I was dating someone on a TV show, but it was just like dating someone on any other TV show. She was fine with it, and although I told George that I'd go out during the day to work or complete errands I didn't actually, instead I spent time with her.

"I'm off George!" I called out to the quiet house, not hearing a response from him. As I was about to leave I grabbed my personal phone from where it was hidden and began walking towards town.
______________________________________
1126 words