Start

The three Genin gathered around the sensei at the training field.

"The timer is set for noon. Your task is to take these two bells from me before noon. Those who cannot get the bell before noon get no lunch. I'll not only tie you to the tree stump but eat in front of you" Kakashi smirked.

'Oh so that's why he didn't want us to eat this morning' the three Genin thought in unison.

"I brought two lunches for the two that get the bells. But it looks like my portions will double since Hinata-hime was kind enough to cook for us" Kakashi took note of the bento boxes in her arms.

Hinata looked down. She was upset that not all of them would have lunch. Especially since she woke up so early to make them.

"Oh and thank you for the lunch yesterday. It was delicious. It would be a shame if you failed. I'd be missing out" Kakashi sighed.

"W-Wait what?" Hinata looked at him confused. She didn't give him the lunch yesterday. Actually she felt too shy to give it. Kakashi was a strange sensei but he didn't lack in looks.

"Sasuke gave me the lunch you made before bringing you home, Hime. But I'm sure you would rather know what I mean by you failing" Kakashi leaned over a tree casually.

"Spill it out sensei! What is test?" Sasuke felt irritated at his stalling. They already waited since 3 in the morning to sunrise for this test.

"Ara Ara~ Anxious one I see" Kakashi enjoyed seeing the Uchiha squirm.

"Okay I'll tell you. You only need to get one bell. There are only two so one of you will definitely be tied to a stump. And the person who doesn't take a bell fails and gets sent back to the academy. You won't succeed unless you come at me with the intent to kill. You can even use your Shurikans" Kakashi smirked at his Genins horrified expressions.

'One of us will fail no matter what...' the three Genin thought in unison.

'I can't go back to the academy dattebayo! I finally passed the test and now... I have to pass to be Hokage' Naruto face was red with panic.

Hinata looked at Naruto expression.

'He must be panicking. It was hard for him to pass the exams... I don't want to fail either... I want to prove to father I'm strong...' Hinata bit her lip.

Then she looked at Sasuke who looked angry at Kakashi.

'I have to pass to avenge my clan! To kill Itachi! I'll fight for myself!' Sasuke clenched his hands into a fist.

'They both have strong reasons to want to pass... And to defeat a Jonin one on one won't work... I have to help them... Even if it means me failing' Hinata swallowed the lump in her throat.

Her father finally showed her a little warmth yesterday after years of indifference but she knew failing this test would backtrack everything.

"This should be easy! You're so slow you couldn't even dodge a blackboard eraser!" Naruto mood changed thinking about yesterday's events. He threw his arms behind his head and laughed.

"In the real world, those without talent bark the loudest Mr. Deadlast. You guys can start when I say..." before Kakashi could finish his sentence Naruto was in full fury from being called Deadlast and grabbed his kunai to throw at Kakashi.

"Naruto-kun!" Hinata panicked knowing this type of move wouldn't work on a Jonin.

The blonde boy's head was yanked harshly from behind. His kunai didn't even get thrown as his hand was strongly gripped by the Jonin. Kakashi was behind him. Naruto was dumbstruck. He didn't even see the man move before he was behind him.

"Slow down. I haven't even said start" Kakashi voice turned cold.

'So this is a Jonin...' Sasuke smirked feeling motivated at having a strong opponent.

'Wow... I couldn't even see him go behind Naruto-kun' Hinata was in awe of the Jonin's stealth. Now, she knew for sure the only way to win is for all of them to work together.

"Well it seems like you are prepared to come at me with killing intent. So you finally acknowledged my strength? Haha... I'm beginning to like you guys. Okay let's get going" Kakashi looked at the three motivated Genin.

'Maybe this year I will have a group that passed' Kakashi chuckled to himself.

"Ready.... START!"