Forgotten

Hinata always felt like an outsider. An observer of the events that transpired in the small Kohona classroom. The students with different motivation either to prove their strength to their admires or taste revenge.

Today was the day all the students would become official Genin. Hinata should be happy to finally be able to get acknowledgement from her father with her academic success but wasn't. Her mind was drifting into the pages of book filled with broken memories. Sketches of incomplete faces.

Lately, Hinata has had headaches or rather flashbacks of the unfamiliar. Images of red eyes and dark locks. Memories that don't match the ones she thought were true. But within them held love. How could she forget someone who cared for her?

She scribbled anxiously trying to catch the face but it would remain blank. The last time she felt that feeling was with her mother who deceased shortly after Hanabi was born.

Her mother held her face tenderly giving her dying wish to take care of Hanabi. Her father became a wreck, ostracizing himself from his daughters and throwing away any reminisce of his late wife. Hinata felt utterly lonely, abandoned, unloved. She clung to Hanabi promising her that she would never feel how she felt.

The last time the sun reached Hinata's heart is when Naruto defended her from the bullies. It was her knight in shining armor- despite losing. She clung to the light following it to fill her empty heart.

Today would be the day of either permanent separation from her source of happiness or the fulfillment of her dreams. But the fuzzy memories were robbing her present moment.

Who was she forgetting?