~41~ "Check-up."

~POV: Noah~
"You're kidding me." I groaned, leaning my head in my hands as I sat at my desk in my office. I was supposed to be off for another like three months, but, one of my assistants forgot to cancel all the meetings people scheduled. Meaning they were all jumbled into the next four hours so I can get at least them over with.

And it'll leave me with so much fucking work to do, especially the amount of contracts I'll have to read over.

"I'm sorry sir, it completely slipped my mind." One of my workers, Belle apologized. I sighed, leaning back in my chair. I really was not ready for the amount of talking and bargaining I'd have to do.

"It's alright, can you make sure these are the only meetings I have for the next two months? Please."

"Yes sir." She nodded, holding a clipboard in her lap as she sat down across from me. "Your 12 o'clock is here by the way, should I let them in?"

"Yeah go ahead, thank you Belle." I dismissed her, she walked away and let in the first group I had to talk with. I stood up and put on a smile, greeting them and holding my hand out to shake theirs. 

My mind was definitely not in tune the entire meeting, I tried my best, I really did, but fuck was it ever boring to discuss trades with a bunch of middle aged men who definitely did not give me a good vibe. All I could really think about was that I was glad Michael was in our room and would not bump into these people. 

Yeah I don't think I really wanna make any deals with them, they barely knew what they were talking about.

"I'll read over the details of your contract and get back to you, thank you for coming in." I smiled to the group, they nodded and stood up, showing themselves out. I let out a sigh of relief, throwing their contract in the garbage Immediately.

My phone buzzed with a text as I picked it up, seeing it was from Michael my ears perked up.

Beautiful ❤️❤️
love u <3

Me
I love you too ❤️

Are you alright?

Beautiful ❤️❤️
yea just procrastinating going to see Rose for a check-up

Me
Would you like me to come with you?

Beautiful ❤️❤️
she says she would prefer me to go on my own

idk ig it's like a post-partum thingy

Me
Alright, let me know how it goes my love ❤️

Beautiful ❤️❤️
<3

My next meeting came in, I greeted them, this would be a long day.

~Michael~
Looking around Rose's office, I noticed all of the posters scattered along her walls, most with stereotypical high-school-counsellor's-office sayings and images. Along with many certificates and awards given to her.

I held Willow in my lap as she was fast asleep while I waited for Rose.
Her office was different than the infirmary rooms, those rooms felt cold and loud, while her office was quiet and comfortable. That doesn't mean I didn't still have that anxiety I get whenever I'm anywhere near a doctor's office. I fucking hate appointments.

"Sorry for the wait dear, I had to pick-up a package from the post-office." Rose walked in the room and sat down in her chair across from me. "How are you doing? Are you healing okay?"

"Alright I guess. Just tired, and emotional, it's annoying." I huffed.

"That's perfectly normal, you're gonna feel shitty for a while. Just remember to ask for help if you need it."