~37~ "Sleep."

~Michael~
I laid in Noah's arms, I've been awake for hours now, the sound of Willow crying catching my attention. I sat up and stared at her crib, I wanted to go grab her and cuddle her so badly, but I could barely stand, let alone walk.

"Darling.." I whispered to Noah, nuzzling the crook of his neck as I lightly shook him.

"Mm.." He mumbled, rolling over.

"Willow's crying.. Can you grab her please? I can't walk."

"Mhm.." He sat up, rubbing his eyes and standing up, almost falling backwards from exhaustion but he managed to keep himself up. I watched him pick up Willow and shush her quietly, holding her crying body against his chest and slowly rocking her. "It's okay.." He said in that warm, gentle voice he always used with me and it worked with her immediately like it always worked on me, Willow's cries slowing down into sniffles.

"Go see your mother." He smiled, kissing her head, lifting her up and handing Willow to me. I held her in my arms, her eyes were red and puffy, I wiped off some drying tears off her cheeks as she smiled up at me. And as I looked down at her I could see the future I wanted in her eyes, I wanted to take care of her, I wanted her to know she was loved. I need to know she won't feel like I do, like I'm undeserving.

"I love you, my sunflower." I very gently leaned my forehead on hers, kissing the tip of her nose. Noah sat down next to me, laying his head on mine and subconsciously letting out a purr I don't even think he realized he was making. "I'm gonna record you purring and use it to blackmail you."

"How would that work?"

"Then everyone will know you're really just a big softy."

"So? Everyone will know I love you." He nuzzled my neck, kissing me.

Willow was well asleep in my arms now as he quickly but down on my neck before grabbing her from my arms and putting her back in her crib. I put my hand over the slightly stinging spot where he bit down, "Seriously?" I chuckled. He sat down back next to me, "Pretty boy." He said in a flirty tone.

My face turned red, crossing my arms and looking away, trying to stand up, despite my stomach pain. He suddenly wrapped his tail around me and pulled my body onto his lap, holding my waist. "You need to rest, pup." He held me, I huffed and laid my back on his chest.

"I don't want to.. I'm bored." I attempted to escape his grasp, reaching my arms out.

"Nope, mine." He flipped me over, I let out a small yelp with a laugh as he pinned me to the bed. He placed his hand on my waist, "Does it hurt when I touch here?" He softly rubbed his thumb against the slightly red spot around my wound, I whimpered and let my ears fall in response, he immediately removed his hand.

"I think a kiss would help." I smiled. He slowly kissed down my chest until he got to my stomach, kissing that same red spot around the wound gently to make sure it didn't hurt too bad.

"Anything for you, amor." He pressed his lips against mine.

"That's so fucking hot." My face turned red, my eyes half-lidded as I licked my lips.

"What?"

"Spanish."

"Oh yeah? I was forced to learn French and Spanish when I was little, never had a good use for it." He chuckled, laying his head forehead on mine.

"Well, it's useful if you ever wanna get lucky."

"Glad my language degree and years of studying are put to good work." He rolled his eyes.

"Say something again." I held his face, smiling up at him.

He lifted my chin up with his two fingers, "Eres el amor de mi vida." He whispered, even if I only had a small idea of what he was saying, the way he looked into my eyes just made me feel so loved. I laid my head in the crook of his neck, letting out a deep breath that seemed to take all of my anxieties with it for a moment there, just letting me live for even a second without any other worry in the world, only pure love for the people in this room.

He sat up, but I wasn't gonna let go of him yet, I sat up with him, crawling onto his lap the moment I got the chance. I felt so tired, I had barely gotten any sleep last night. I'd be so close to falling asleep but then my mind would just fill with anxiety. Thoughts of everything that could happen to me or Willow while I was asleep. If I wasn't awake to protect her what could happen? It terrified me.

I yawned and laid my head on Noah's shoulder, he was on his knees, holding my thighs to make sure I didn't fall off him. "Do you want me to let you sleep?" He whispered.

"I'm not tired." I shook my head, blinking slowly.

"Sure you aren't. Lay down hun."

"I don't— want to..." I nuzzled my head into his shoulder, wrapping my tail around him so he'd stay with me as I yawned again.

~Noah~
I let out a coon for Michael as he was clearly struggling to not fall asleep, in hopes that it would help him relax. "Stopp.. I don't want to sleep.." He mumbled, eyes already closed as he tried his best to keep them open.

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to you, I promise.." I whispered as he slowly fell asleep in my arms, his body soon going limp as I laid him down on the bed. "Mi amor." I kissed the tip of his nose, he stirred over as I let go off him and stood up off the bed, seeing Willow was still asleep, I really didn't know what to do with myself, I wasn't tired in the slightest.

I gave Michael a blanket, he curled up to it, his ears falling down at its unfamiliar scent. I unbuttoned my shirt, letting it fall off my shoulders and giving it to Michael, letting him hold onto it as he stared to purr with the smallest smile in his sleep.

I left the room, closing the door softly behind me as I walked down the hallway to our bedroom. It was freezing the moment I stepped in, I grabbed the comforter from our bed along with my laptop so I could do a least a bit of work. I brought them back to the infirmary, replacing the blanket on top of Michael with our comforter.

I turned the light off, leaving on just a lamp as I carefully sat down in the bed next to him, sitting up with my laptop rested on my lap. He instinctively wrapped his arm around me, laying his head on my stomach as I started to catch up on work.

.