Chapter 14 | Before I Blame Him

En başından başla

Gavin's green eyes shift to stare at the ground away from any sort of eye contact. "It's a lot harder to talk to you than you think, you shut everyone out and then I see you suddenly walking out of your house with no trouble and with me-"

He looks back into my eyes. "Your always trying to fucking run the other way."

Okay, so he was right, again.

"You use people for your own enjoyment." I say. "Maybe that's why I run away or maybe it's because your so difficult to understand one minute your this happy caring guy and the next-"

"Don't finish that sentence." He says grabbing a hoodie from beside the door. "You don't fucking know me." He walks passed me and gets into his car without another word before driving off in a hurry.

I walk back to my house and my friends huddle around me for a hug and they say girls were drama queens? "I think I know where he went." Peyton says. "I could drop you off there if you want to talk to him."

"I don't think it's possible to talk to Gavin without getting verbally attacked." I say. "I did feel a little bad though, I blamed him for the video and well ruining my life."

My mother had just gone to the store which meant she wouldn't be back for a while which could give me some time. "Can you take me?"

"Woah, you really want to talk to him right now?" Ash asks me. "What if he does something stupid?"

I didn't know Gavin well but I knew he would never try to hurt me, physically I mean.

Verbally, yes.

"She'll be fine." Peyton says. "Gavin wouldn't touch her."

Ash gives me a worried look before he nods his head. "Fine let's go."

I grab my sneakers and a light jacket so we can leave and the drive wasn't too far away. I was surprised to stop at a small diner with pink neon letters in the front that reads 'Mables Diner'. I see Gavin's bright red car parked outside so Peyton was right.

"I've see him here a few times." Peyton adds. "Usually when he's had a few hard days at school or something."

I nod my head and open the door. "You guys don't have to wait for me."

"Are you sure?"

I nod once more. "I'm sure."

I close the door behind me and my feet take me to the door where a little bells rings as I enter. The floors were a black and white checkered design and it even had old tables and booths inside. The waiters and waitresses wore pink uniforms and the walls were also colored in pastel pink and blue.

It smelled of something sweet, chocolate or vanilla? I suddenly see the back of his head sitting at one of the tables so I quietly walk over.

"Gavin." I say.

"Shit." He says surprised to see me. "Now your following me?"

I roll my eyes and take a seat in front of him. "I wanted to say I was sorry."

"You came all this way to say your sorry?" He furrows his eyebrows at me.

I nod feeling like and idiot now.

"Stop." He says.

"What?" I asked.

"That, I can see that doubt in your eyes." He says. "You think I think it's stupid you came all this way to apologize?"

I shrug. "Seemed like it."

"Do you really think I'm that horrible?"

I shrug again. "I don't know what to think? You don't express your feelings very well."

"I can't tell if that's just your nerves or if your actually scared of me." He says staring at my hands and I quickly tuck them away. Dammit.

"Too much caffeine this morning." I casually say.

"Gavin is this your girlfriend?" A older woman appears beside us smiling down at me. Her grey hair is pulled up into a bun and she's wearing bright blue eyeshadow, she's also wearing one of the pink employee uniforms.

"No." We both say in unison.

"He's not my boyfriend." I said. "Not really my friend either." The woman looks confused now and I'm sure it's hard for her to understand the situation.

"I babysit her." Gavin says and I kick him under the table biting the insides of my cheek. Once again he doesn't fail to embarrass me.

"Oh, how sweet I used to babysit. Of course they were a lot younger." She says. "But aren't you two just adorable? You know I hated my husband in college and then things somehow fell into place." She smiles down at us.

"We aren't together besides we would never work out." I said while Gavin only agreed by nodding.

"Well if you say so, would you like anything to eat or drink dear?" The woman asks. I didn't bring money and I am craving a milkshake and some French fries.

"I'll pay." Gavin sighs taking out his wallet.

"No." I said. "I'm not hungry."

"Please you're day dreaming about food." He rolls his eyes at me. "Now get something before I change my mind."

How did he know me so well?