Chapter 272: Brave Heart II

[Gritonnia Academy]

Upon hearing that sharp clang sound as if Shun was hitting metal, Selene then raised her hand holding unto her sword, as she at the same time reveal her mana armor. Inserting a huge amount of mana unto her sword causing it to burst out in effect, Selene then slashed down her sword, forcing Shun to quickly use 'Shunpo' and land on top of Selene's shoulders.

After getting into that position, Shun quickly flipped the way he hold unto his I.E as he quickly raises it and stab down towards Selene's shoulder. However just as Shun's blade was about to pierce through Selene's skin, Selene's quick reaction suddenly kicks in, as she hastily grabbed his wrist and flung him in front of her, before sending out a wave slash towards Shun's direction.

In response to that, Shun crashed on his back, as he span in mid crash and stabbed his Shiv unto the earth to serve as an anchor for him to not get further blown away. Unfortunately the moment he slowed down his momentum, the wave attack that Selene sent, suddenly came crashing straight to his face, causing Shun to be blown back once more and his Shiv being shattered into pieces.

"Shun!!!" shouted out by Sephiria in concern as she saw Shun being blown away by a dangerous attack.

As Sephiria shouts out his name, the other students begun to become wary once more, as they were surprised to see Shun being pushed this far in terms of combat. Unknown to them, the only reason why Selene could catch up to Shun is through her 'brave heart' skill which enables her to be at the same level as her opponent in a limited time.

But as the audience showed their concern, Shun on the other hand slowly stood up from the ground completely unscathed, as one can hear Shun murmuring multiple healing skills at his arsenal, to completely heal him up.

After awhile of doing that, Shun entered into his running stance, as he gripped tightly unto his I.E, as he used another skill.

"Ghost!!! Taste their Fear!!!"

In a single push of his foot, Shun ran as fast as he can towards Selene who is stationary, as he held up his I.E and begun attacking her in her blind spot with an initial jump stab. Unfortunately with Selene's heightened senses and reaction time, she then easily dodged the initial attack by stepping to the side and quick counter back with a swing.

However Selene wasn't the only one that has a fast reaction, so with that, Shun used zed's skill 'Living Shadow' in order to switch places between him and his pre summoned shadow and escape this type of predicament. But putting in a slight distance between him was just the start, as he dashed towards Selene once more and attempt to slit her back neck with his I.E.

Sadly this too was blocked by Selene, as she slid Shun's I.E across her sword, before she redirected the force impact towards another direction, before she pulled out a gut punch and literally struck Shun towards his guts. Luckily for him, her manage to activate Garen's skill 'Courage' to further enhances his body's armor and tanked Selene's gut punch.

When Shun tanked that, even Selene was shocked , as she didn't expect Shun to pull that off and literally tank her attacks. Unfortunately that shock dissipate as easily as it showed, as Selene got snapped back into reality and begun to attack with her sword once more.

But the moment Selene slashed down her sword, Shun quickly slashed her sword three time in quick succession, which deflected her strike and causing it to hit the ground. Following that deflection, Shun gripped his I.E in a stabbing position, as he strikes towards Selene's head in a single thrust.

Unfortunately this strike was easily avoided, as Selene' tilted her head to the side and barely dodged the strike, causing her cheek to be sliced. After dodging that strike, Selene used her free hand to push away Shun's arm, as she entered a thrusting position as he strike's forward and attack Shun.

In response to this, Shun caught Selene's blade with his other free hand, as blood course through the surface of her sword and Shun's blood spilling unto the battlefield. Of course a lot of people notices this, as they were all alarmed by the presence of someone bleeding.

"Shun!" exclaimed by Sephiria

"He's bleeding! He shouldn't have caught that blade, what was he thinking?" asked by Aria

"There was no time to dodge, so the optimal choice here is to catch the sword in mid attack. Since failure to catch the sword means death" answered by Sephira as she watches closely

After Shun caught Selene's sword in mid attack, he then threw it to the side as he used this opportunity to slash towards Selene's stoic face. Unfortunately Selene's mana armor protected her, as she got blown away by a few steps.

But that didn't end there. The moment this happened, Shun quickly caught up as he attacked relentlessly and begun pouring down attack one after another. On the other hand, Selene showed promising movements, as she defended herself from Shun's rain of attacks,

Upon seeing this, Shun sped up once more as he begun to use difficult maneuver of his I.E, but no matter how she moves, she was able to follow through and insert few counter attack, causing Shun's clothes to be damaged.

One strike, two strikes, three strike, the strikes goes on as Shun's I.E repeatedly clash against Selene's sword. So when their clash reached its 50th clash, Shun used this opportunity to swing his weapon in full force, forcing Selene to give it her all too in her next attack. In that moment both of their weapon clashed once more, as I.E was shattered from the impact and Shun getting blown back by the impact.

As he rolled along the floor, Selene quickly followed him, as she dashed towards him and attacked him relentlessly with her sword. But the moment She did her initial strike, Shun then used 'Flash' to arrive way above Selene and charged up for one powerful attack. Taking in a deep breath, Shun the gathered cosmic energy unto his mouth as he released the attack.

"Breath of Light!!!"