Chapter 265: Last Semester

[Gritonnia Academy]

A couple of weeks passed since the incident in the duke mansion, as everything returned to normal and all the spies in the duke's territory quickly retreated after Shun felled the assassination attempt in the duke's estate. But despite everything calming down, the issue on who actually sent those mercenary assassin as the dukes doorstep was still a mystery. Since this is involved deep within political standpoint, the duke left out both Shun and Sephiria from bring involved in this problem as this was needed to be handled by the adults themselves.

Since everything was being handled by the duke, the rest of the days went by normally as Sephiria caught up to the shows that she missed, and spent the rest of her time resting away while occasionally trying to improve her magic. With that, time passed so fast until their break ended and all students needed yo return to the academy for the other half of their school year and practically the last semester of the third years.

It took quite awhile of travel for Shun and Sephiria to return to the academy, but without further obstructions, their travel was quite smooth to the point that no bandits could be seen along the way. Just like that they arrived safely at the Academy's ground and prepared themselves to greet their last term.

*********

One week after the arrival week of the students, Shun was currently sitting together with Aria and Sephiria as they waited for the arrival of the professor for this term. However while they were waiting, Shun couldnt help but see the contrast of expression between Sephiria and Aria herself. In contrast to Sephiria who had her rest for the whole week and looks refreshed, Aria on the other hand looked haggard as she literally just arrived last night after returning from her home town in the frontier.

Just seeing their contrasting state of mind, Shun couldnt help but laugh, as he turned to look back in front. In that moment their homeroom professor entered the room as he settled everyone back to their seats before giving out his instructions.

"Alright! Before anyone ask! I know that all of you are still adjusting to this new term since almost the majority of you looked disappointing... Did the laziness of the break really got to you that hard?"

"......"

"Anyway im here today just to tell you what to expect this semester... First off, this second semester grade will not be graded by your academic knowledge but rather practical performance... We didnt teach you to become a scholar, thats the mage tower's job, we taught you in order to become a prominent member of the society one day and help this kingdom rise in the near future"

"......"

"So before anyone gets curious still, the second semester will be cut in half, the first half will be dedicated for the students to accomplish required academic grades to graduate and the second half is the practical exam which will last more than a month"

Hearing that everyone in the class seemed stirred as they didnt expect that their second term will be cut into two parts, whats more based in what they said the grading of practical performance seemed to be starting quite early this year. Such a thing naturally caught everyone off guard to the point that they couldnt help but make their dissatisfaction show.

Of course the professors also seemed conflicted by this structure as they also didnt expect that so much will be changed for the second semester, but since all of this was approved by the principal, they then have no choice but to follow suite.

But as if that news wasn't enough to surprise the students, the professor dropped another bomb which literally complicated the final grading for the second semester.

"In order to make this practical performance quite different from the other practical performance exam in the past, this graded practical performance exam will be jointly operated by the other five academies which would make everything as messy at it can be"

With that everyone was completely shocked as he literally didnt expect that this incoming graded exam would be a joint exam from the other five academies. With it, such an exam would be the he biggest exam yet to date.

After the professor said his piece, he then continued to share his various opinions for the second semester before closing his introduction towards the second semester for the class and asked everyone to prepare for the next class after his homeroom. Just like that the homeroom professor then left after a few hours, which then alerted the next professor to come in and start the class.

The first class was a class according to botany which could improve the nature spells that everyone should master by the end of the semester. Based on what Shun could remember, an incident had occured in the botany class last year due to the negligence of some students. Because of the mischief's of the students, something happened to the plant they tried to bring to life, which caused it to become a man eating plant and forced a professor to step in and stop the incident.

With that the class ten finally started.

"Alright! Before we start, lets recall what botany is... botany, branch of biology that deals with the study of plants, including their structure, properties, and biochemical processes. Also included are plant classification and the study of plant diseases and of interactions with the environment"

"......"

"Plants were of paramount importance to early humans, who depended upon them as sources of food, shelter, clothing, medicine, ornament, tools, and magic. Today it is known that, in addition to their practical and economic values, green plants are indispensable to all life on this planet... through the process of photosynthesis, plants transform energy from the Sun into the chemical energy of food, which makes all life possible. A second unique and important capacity of green plants is the formation and release of oxygen as a by-product of photosynthesis. The oxygen of the atmosphere, so absolutely essential to many forms of life, represents the accumulation of over 3,500,000,000 years of photosynthesis by green plants and algae."

"......"

"Although the many steps in the process of photosynthesis have become fully understood only in recent years, even in prehistoric times humans somehow recognized intuitively that some important relation existed between the Sun and plants. Such recognition is suggested by the fact that worship of the Sun was often combined with the worship of plants by early tribes and civilizations"

Just like that as the professor continued on its lecture, the time pass by as the start of second semester commences