Chapter 221: Demonstration III

[Gritonnia Academy]

The moment professor Nico took down one enemy, he then raised his arm into the air aiming towards the remaining opponent, as he quickly gathered mana unto its palm and casted a fireball towards them. However this wasn't a simple fireball at all, in comparison to the original fireball, the fireball that professor Nico had casted has three times the firepower, three times the heat, and somewhat three times the size.

The moment Goran, Rosalyn, and Shun was faced with such an attack, both Goran and Shun made their move in order to defend everyone from the devastating destruction of the attack. As Shun begun pulling out skills which is concentrated on defense including items, Goran on the other hand raises his shield and begun casting a defensive spell.

"Doran's shield! Relic Shield! Aegis of Legion! Glacial Buckler! Courage! Barrier!"

"Protectors wall! Unbreakable Will! Gravity Barrier!"

In that point of contact, a huge explosion ruing out in the area, as bits of stone flew all over the place and were taken care of by the students who were already accustomed to such situation. 

Surprisingly the moment the smoke cleared out, both Goran and Shun were quite fine, despite taken on the full brunt of the attack. However despite appearing fine, both of them were stalled for a second as they had their own bodies temporarily disabled from the shock it had endured.

Of course such an opportunity to freely attack didn't escape professors Nico attentive intuition. The moment this exposes opportunity was shown, he quickly conjured a mana sword unto his right hand, before dashing forward and coming down with a slash. Unfortunately both Shun and Goran weren't the only person in this arena. 

Just at the exact moment when professor Nico was about to bring down his attack, Rosalyn appeared from the side with her magic sword and swept of a torrent of flames towards his direction. In that sudden attack, professor Nico got blasted off to the side, as he crashed unto the wall of the room.

But that didn't end  there, the moment he crashed his whole body unto the wall, Rosalyn then charged towards him in quick pace, as he begun bring down attacks which is enhanced by her own fire attribute mana. Due to that professor Nico was forced unto his defensive state, as he tries his best to dodge each of her swings.

Just as he was continuing to dodge Rosalyn attacks, both Goran and Shun came from his side and behind, as they attacked with their own skill which forced him to use one of his ejection spell in case his life was in danger.

"Aqua strike!!!"

"Heavy Swing!!!"

When those attacks missed, both Goran and Shun turned towards their side, as they saw professor Nico suddenly appearing in midair as he prepares another spell to hit them from afar. Gathering mana unto the tip of his mana sword, a huge purple magic circle appeared on the room's ceiling as lightning came down from the sky and was aimed towards them.

In that moment, their forth member which is Sonia manage to regain her consciousness, as she quickly puts up a barrier and opened a path for everyone to quickly counter back towards their professor.

"Sound barrier!!! Hollow hall!!!"

As Sonia's barrier blocked the lightning strikes, and a hollow vibrations appeared out of nowhere which isolated professor Nico in the air with nowhere to escape, All three of them then set their sights on the target, as they use each of their attacks.

"Gravity sword wave!!!"

"Hellfire!!!"

"Breath of Light!!!!"

Once again the whole room shook which attracted nearby students and professors, as the attack squarely hit professor Nico in the air and had caused a massive explosion from the collision of attacks.

But before the three of their primary attackers could follow up their attacks, professor Nico then suddenly appeared on the floor slightly bruised by their combined attacks, as he pats his shoulder and commences the demonstration as over. On the other hand all four of them who worked together to bring about that combo, was stunned to see that their attacks was only able to slightly bruise their professor. Such an outcome was shocking.

"The demonstration is over!!! thank you for the four representatives cooperation"

"... How are you..." muttered by Rosalyn

"Fine? simple! i applied a three layered barrier on myself when all of your attention was diverted to your comrades barrier" answered by

"!!!!"

After saying that, professor Nico turned to the class who were also shocked by his answer.

"This is the advantage of mastering practical magic with a thought, mastering such component could drastically shift the course of the battle itself"

"....."

"Imagine! casting an unsuspecting recovery spell or defensive spell at the moment when the enemy is preoccupied with his own attack.... that would surely caught your enemy by surprise and even lead you to an opening which would lead to victory! the same can be said with hidden attacks of traps!"

"....."

"Practical magic isn't simply for magic that you use everyday, but it can also be applied in battle and your everyday management of your life... magic has limitless potential, all we need is to simply explore it"

Afterwards he ordered the representatives to return to their seat as he will continue the class. Alongside it, he used an unknown magic which practically fixes all the broken parts of the arena in which they had fought. In just a few moments the arena was quickly fixed as if no damage or battle had done upon it at all.

"Now I'm pretty sure most of you realized what i used during the battle demonstration right? the type of magic that even surprised the championship team last school year... such magic will be taught in class today and i expect that by the time your term ends with me, you would have an inkling idea on how to do that type of magic... Now without further ado, the type of magic i had used during the battle is wordless magic!"

Without the attention of everyone in class was pique as some students even begun to pay attention. Naturally Shun was among them.

The reason for everyone's calm behavior upon realizing the type of magic is because wordless magic is quite well known but really hard to master. After all wordless magic would need about an extensive  imagination, as long as you can picture the object your about to summon, you would be able to accomplish wordless magic.

But casting a magic without words is just the  first step of wordless magic, after all you would also need to recreate its density, size, temperature, velocity, frequency and what not. That is the reason why wordless magic is amazing but also complicated type of magic to master alongside ancient magic.