Chapter 239: The Issue With The Exchange Students II

[Gritonnia Academy]

Hearing that Shun was at least willing to hear her story, Selene then led him to one of the windows in the huge library as she plans to converse with him privately away from the ears of other students who were roaming the lobby.

"My group has been divided into two parts"

"Ah yes! the leftist and the right..."

"... Be serious...."

"...."

"Ahem! my group has been divided into two parts... one group are amicable to the students of this academy, while the other are too prideful for their own good and doesn't want to mingle with the students here"

"Ah yes! pride, the bane of all coexistence"

"Will you just listen and shut it!"

"...."

"Just like how some of the prideful students here lookdown on the exchange students such as us, there are some people on my group who are also looking down on the students of the academy... as you may know, you can rarely see any of our group converse with the students here..."

"Rarely? Pfff! come on! with the way you try to talk to us multiple times given the chance, that doesn't sound..."

"Will you shut up and listen to my story first?"

"...."

"Thank you... As i was saying, since this is the case, a problem occur within our group, in the end this ended up as a huge conflict within us... this is no time for us to be divided, so i really want to have a third party opinion on how to fix this kind of a problem... none of the two sides wanted to back out in the argument and if i ever tried to fix this situation, one side would be willing, while the other would be so stubborn until they are proven right"

"Let me guess.... one side is too prideful to admit their wrongs?"

"Exactly!"

"Well its simple! the problems lays within the pride of the stubborn party"

"I know that, but such pride is the reason why the other side is too stubborn to reconcile with the other party"

Upon hearing the problem, Shun easily understood where she is coming from, as such problem often occur within a diverse group of people. From this problem alone, Shun can even see that Selene is a type of leader who lacks skills to fix the complicated problems within her group. She does have a quality of a leader, she is confident, amicable, sociable, presentable, and even charismatic, but she lacks problem solving skills and pull to convince both sides to an agreement.

At most such type of people are often being used as a puppet leader back on Shun's previous world.

The problem stems from the pride of the other party. There are two meaning to pride, the noun pride describes a feeling of happiness that comes from achieving something. When you do a good job or finish a difficult task, you feel pride. Pride can also have a negative meaning and refer to exceedingly high self-regard. In this case, the pride that Selene was talking about lays within the latter side.

Until both side lower's their pride,  there will be no reconciliation going to happen within her group.

"Your problem is simple but complicated to answer type of problem... have you tried pressuring them using your aura, mana, or something?"

"I've thought of that already, however back in our academy, we were taught how to defend ourselves from such pressure, so that solution is already out of the question"

"Have you tried coercion?"

"I've already done that, but to no avail"

"You cant force them, nor can you talk to them calmly to assess the situation... is violence the only answer here?"

"With the pride they have, they would rather fight to the death rather than admitting that they are wrong"

"What is wrong with you people?!?!"

"I'm ashamed to say, that we are trained to be tough at times of hardship"

"You call this exchange program as time of hardship? Bullshit|! are you guys crazy?"

"I'm afraid that some of them think it is otherwise"

"If all of those solution doesn't work at all, then this will be quite a problem... i mean as a student, we have very limited means to fix this type of problem, if we were alumni and out of the field, this type of act can be called insubordination and sentenced to everyone who doesn't heed the orders of the higher up to the torture chamber for the punishment"

"That's... quite harsh"

"Its the real world! pride doesn't have meaning outside the field, in fact pride often leads you to death within the dangerous situation"

"You seem quite knowledgeable in this area"

"I've seen a lot of documentaries to know where this shit is going"

"Documentaries?"

"Records! Elementary my dear"

"Sorry i don't quite follow"

"Of course you don't"

With that at hand both Selene and Shun took some time to ponder over the problem, as  the whole atmosphere around them turned silent as if thinking with them. Not long after, Shun then breath out of frustration as he then gave his only idea to solve her problem.

"We can do two ways in solving your problem. First is involve someone who has a higher level authority than them to help fix the situation lets say... Cedric perhaps?"

"Cedric? Are you talking about the crown prince? Sorry to say but the crown prince has little to no power  at all in his age, he will only able to garner power and authority to force them if he graduated from the academy ahead of time"

"Well aren't they the same? your schoolmates i mean... since they are learning to become knights, they will become knights in the future, however knights in this country and system has a lowest ranking in the nobility"

"I know that, but this stubborn people aren't just simple knights, they are young masters of some renowned family and nobility"

"Aren't they afraid of a backlash?"

"As long as they don't spew out their family name, they can do as they please"

"Well what a thick face they have"

"....."

"Our only solution now is to inform the principal of your academy regarding this problem, after all how they act now is tantamount to tarnishing the academy's name"

"Do you think such a person will move to fix this situation?"

"Oh yes! he will move, the only thing we need is a little bit of provocation and background"

After saying that, Shun then came up of an idea on how to force another academy's principal to fix the habit of its students. After all in this situation, its reputation is at stake and Shun was planning to involve people who held real power within the country and make them move in accordance top his inquiry.