Chapter 249: Holiday Break

[Duke Alan's Territory]

The long awaited school break had finally come, many students chose to go back home in their hometown to spend their whole break with their family, while the few chose to stay on the academy's campus with an intent to do something to improve themselves. There may be various reasons on which every student has to go or stay, but one thing for sure is that all the students has a goal they want to achieve in this break.

Before both Shun and Sephiria left the grounds of the Gritonnia Academy, they first bid goodbye to people who were also heading back to their hometown for a the break. They bid temporary farewell Aria, Cedric, Wendy, Millia, Tony, and Shier, basically all the members of the club. As for professor Nico, he just bid them farewell while making known that he would stay in the academy.

They don't know why he was interacting with them so much after that physical test between him and Shun, but sit seems like he became even more interested with Shun after his performance which almost made him get serious. Nevertheless Shun did his best to avoid him as much as possible, after all fighting professor Nico was too dangerous even for him.

Putting everything aside, it took both Shun and Sephiria a couple of days to reach duke Alan's territory even by renting the fastest carriage. But despite that there were some comfort during their travel as Shun himself packed his inventory to the brim with items that are essential for sleeping over in a comfortable way and food that are foreign in this world.

After that couple of days, they finally arrived at Duke Alan's territory, which they then spent two night with non-stop ride just to reach the duke's mansion at the earliest. 

The moment they arrived, they were immediately greeted by the staffs of the mansion followed by the security as a whole. After all Sephiria is the only daughter of Duke Alan, thus she would naturally inherit all of Duke Alan's wealth and reputation once the seat and responsibility is passed down to her.

The moment they got down on the carriage, both Shun and Sephiria then disembark while the coachman used the housing reserved for the guest of the duke. The coachman was paid to take them to duke Alan's territory and  the return to Gritonnia academy after the break, so a hefty amount of money was paid to the coachman in accordance to the length of his service.

While that was happening on the side, Duke Alan greeted her daughter with open arm, while also keeping a skeptical look at Shun. Even till this day he can't believe that his only daughter would fall in love with the person they only hired to support Sephiria. But what can he do? Love was a boundless things that doesn't discriminate people regardless of their status and that kind of love was the reason how he met Sephiria's mother.

If anyone doesn't know, Sephiria's mother, Lady Cecile is a woman born in a poor commoner's family. Her family was on the brink of bankruptcy and near the status of poor people living in the slums. The business of her father was going downhill due to his reputation being tarnished by their rival business.

Her father was a proud cook  in a family restaurant that they personally own, they were quite famous due to their food and receive regular on daily basis. However establishing a company was not the same as making it stable throughout one's life. There will always be people who envy such success and would do anything to bring it down.

With few schemes and pulling of connections from here and there, her father's business went downhill as they got robbed of their customers and their reputation tarnished. They situation was so pitiful that her mother and father often fought and even almost filed a divorce due to their dilemma. At that moment Lady Cecile was down in the dumps and was crying by the river of the duke's territory.

In that moment of her lowest stature, she met the young duke Alan who was enraged and saddened by the decision of his family. But in comparison to duke Alan's situation then, his circumstances was much lighter than Lady Cecile.

His step mother back then really envies him due to his father being so close to him due to his late mother's wishes. Due to that his step mother often hears how duke Alan's father praises him and promised to pass down everything to him including his post the moment the succession date was announced. However his step mother didn't take this lightly and wanted his own real son to take the position of the previous duke. 

His step mother even attempted to marry him to a woman who he can even call a mother due to to its age. He was so enraged that he argued with his step mother to the pint that his father had to intervene and misunderstood the scenario. No matter how much he explains, his step mother always found a way to twist his words and even led his father becoming disappointed in him.

With rage filling his mind, he then ran out of the mansion and never looking back as he went to the territory's river and vented his anger on the grass and water streaming down the river. Naturally in that moment both Lady Cecile and Duke Alan had met and their story begun  to blossom with the company of each other.

Putting aside the backstory of Duke Alan and Lady Cecile aside, the duke then opened his arms wide as he welcomed his own  daughter.

"Sephiria! Welcome back! Also just in time for your upcoming birthday"

"I'm also glad i'm home father" replied by Sephiria

After that duke Alan then looked over at Shun as he said.

"Oh! you also came back"

"....."

Hearing those words, Shun couldn't help but only give a wry smile as he laughed it off, while witnessing a doting father being skeptical towards her daughter's lover. In that moment lady Cecile intervened as she elbowed Duke Alan and warmly welcomed Shun in his place

"Welcome back Shun! I'm glade that your also here"

"Thank you Lady Cecile"

After that greeting, all of them then finally went inside in order to discuss the verynext thing they would need to tackle.