Chapter 225: Planning The Very First Convention

[Gritonnia Academy]

Convention a way in which something is usually done, especially within a particular area or activity. In this particular place, the whole club would like to establish the very first convention that will have mix of all genre of entertainment of earth. As an Otaku club which has an otherworldly term, Anime convention would be appropriate for their major contribution towards the academy's reputation.

An anime convention is an event or gathering with a primary focus on anime, manga and Japanese culture. Anime conventions are commonly multi-day events hosted at convention centers, hotels or college campuses. They feature a wide variety of activities and panels, with a larger number of attendees participating in cosplay than most other types of fan conventions. Anime conventions are also used as a vehicle for industry, in which studios, distributors, and publishers represent their anime related releases.

Back on their original world anime conventions have a long and varied worldwide history. The original Comiket, mostly based on fan published manga called dōjinshi, started in 1975 with around 700 people in Tokyo. In recent years, Comiket has attracted over a half million people. Conventions in Japan are heavily sponsored by studios or publishing companies and are used as platforms for new releases. In addition to Japan, convention officials at venues such as AnimeJapan have been trying to reach out to overseas manga otaku. From there it then begun to spread all over the world

Anime conventions often have panels, which are open ended discussions involving some pre-determined topic, usually related in at least some way to anime. Panels usually come in two segments, the host puts on a presentation or does an interview with a guest, and then the fans are asked to give questions.  The topic scope for panels is varied and can include things from manga to upcoming announcements by an industry. There are also workshops that are like panels but are more geared towards instructions through a major or specific task such as how to draw manga, make computer animation, or how to become a voice actor. Another event at most anime conventions include screenings of actual anime shows that can last through the day.

Anime conventions can also include contests. Contests can focus around costumes (or cosplay), art works (drawn, sculpted, painted), anime-related music videos, video games, dice games, card games, and many other activities. In some cases, tangible prizes have been offered as winnings in these contests. An Exhibit Hall or Dealers' Room is also popular at anime conventions. Publishing companies, distributors, and other proprietors often arrive to exhibit and/or sell their newest products to fans. Wares can include graphic novels, manga, anime media, action figures, apparel or pre-made costumes, music CDs, software, decorations, toys, art books, specialty foods, and many more.

There are also art shows at anime conventions. The shows are similar to those at a traditional museum or gallery. Artwork of all kind is put on display for inspection, and in some cases for purchase/auction bidding, by the viewer. Entry is usually only restricted by space available & registration with the convention. The artist can choose to be present to display, discuss, or take commission in a variation of the art show known as the Artists' Alley. Artists may also include crafts, drawn art, self-published books or video, fanzines, and more.

However since this will be the very first convention they would do, they would need to tweak a few changes in the convention and even include parts of entertainment of this world while also introducing their part of entertainment.

But first and foremost they would need a huge area for the anime convention that they will make and the only applicable area for such a thing is the academy's stadium both inside and outside of the establishment. Using such ground they would most likely proclaim that the convention would have similar domain with festivals in terms of activity. But that problem of talking with the principal will all be left at the hands of Cedric, with his authority as the prince of the country, he might have a chance of actually making it into a possibility.

Now putting the troublesome things aside, all they need now is the programs and offers that their events that is going to held. Unfortunately there aren't any anime merchandise sellers in this world, much less influential cosplayers who wanted to sell their merchs and figs. Because of that, they would need some alternatives for such sellers.

Instead of selling merchs and figs which is still quite unknown to this world, it is better if they can partner up to other sellers who sell weapons, statues, and merchandise that portrays people of this world. Through that at least some of them should get in touch with the commerce guild and ask for partnership in this regard. Of course clothes can also be sold in this event, but not just any clothes, but clothes towards the people that portrays in this worlds own  entertainment industry.

In this regard, the task of asking the commerce guild for a partnership in this event will all be left to the hands of Millia and her friends, Tony, and Shier. Alongside it, they plan to visit Leah along the way in order to smoothen out the negotiation.

Speaking of Leah, its been quite awhile since he had seen her, but nevertheless throughout the time Leah had already made a name for herself in the commerce circle. Practically she is named as the lady with a golden finger due to her professional businesswoman mindset which earned her a tons of profit. Due to that she became extremely famous and had the potential to elevate her status from a commoner to a noble through monetary route.

Now next on the plan is the stage performance or activity that will need to entertain the attendees that watch the show and attract any attendees that is roaming the stalls of the event. From the list, some of them are mostly interactional games for the volunteers in the crowd and some singing performance from the guest that they will be inviting in their event.

In the case of invited special guest, they cant be choosy, naturally for their image, they would need to invite some well known people which would cost a lot of money on their side. But monetary securement isn't a problem if you have some nobles who have a lot of money in their pockets. In this sense their club has the crown prince, Wendy, Sephiria, Millia, and tony who practically are nobles with deep pockets.

All in all they plan to invite at least 5 famous performers as special guest to the event.

Last but not the least is the cosplayers. In this sense they would need to actually make some people they know cosplay their own chosen character famous in tales, entertainment, and stories or the characters that their group would like. Through this method, people would naturally be attracted to try out cosplaying since they can role play some of their favorites idols.

Alongside it, during the event, Shun plan to spread the anime community in this world through the use of advertisement.

With the plan drafted down, all it need is the action to make it come true. At that everyone begun to prepare for this festivities that will last for atleast two days.