Chapter 218: Professor Nico's Class

[Gritonnia Academy]

The very next day, another subject was added unto the class curriculum as they all realized that the practical magic was added for the whole school. Based on what Shun knows and according to what Cedric had learned, the practical class was established in consideration to improving the students capabilities in combat. Of course not in terms of war but rather for self defense.

Apparently King Hendrick of the Holsteia Kingdom seemed to have quite an impression about the attack of a terrorist group in the Kingdom of Avalon. So in order to prevent such a thing to happen in his kingdom, he would need a force powerful enough to oppose such threats and the first batch of potential recruits will be the 3rd years of various academy in the kingdom who had undergone practical magic class and graduated from it.

At this very moment the professor for the subject had finally arrived in the huge room dedicated for practical magic.

What's more, due to how much the king held the class in high regard, the academy then decided to offer the class as a major subject which would involve in teaching all the 3rd years at the same time. The class hours runs approximately about 6 hours and the only class for that particular day. Meaning in this class, there are about more than two hundred plus students that had attended from class A to F.

The venue dedicated for such huge class, is a type of stadium class for everyone to see. Lasly the sole person that would be teaching such huge class was none other than a guy who seemed at the same age as them, a child professor.

However in order to prevent having chaos inside the room among the students, a rule was implicitly established as a whole class must be seated at the designated spot assigned for them by the professor. Due to that the whole class was quite orderly and not rowdy from the mixing of students from one point to another.

"Good Morning everyone! Even though i have already introduced myself yesterday, i would like to introduce myself once more before we proceed. My name is Nico Arnold! I'll be your professor for practical magic in combat. I'm age 18 so i hope everyone could also regard me as a friend. Also I'm a master rank magician, so despite i look young, I'm confident to say that I'm more proficient in magic about more than 90% of you p[resent here. Of course since i teach practical magic, I'm also more capable of magic combat in comparison to the majority of you guys here"

Soon after he spoke, a moment of silence enveloped everyone, as Professor Nico proceeded to talk about practical magic.

"Who among here knows what is a practical magic?"

Hearing his question, one of the girls in class D then raised up her hand and proceeded to answer him. After answering him of the logical explanation to practical magic, Professor Nico simply nodded as he continued on.

"Practical magic is just what its name suggest, a  magic that can be applied to our everyday life. It ranges from daily use magic towards combat magic for protection. Basically an all rounder type of topic"

"Magic had been achieved by great mystics from ancient times, whether miracles brought forth by 'Gods', demonic power of 'Devils, or else original theories on supernatural phenomenon, they were all things that could be reproduced through formulas. All phenomena have fixed laws, which can be measured, calculated, and their manifestation derived through 'magic'."

"Even though its simple, just by sticking to basics can lead to great things... in this class not only would you be able to subconsciously use magic without thinking too much about it, but also apply it in real life combat when your life is in danger"

"So let's talk about magic. We can dicker on the exact rules, if you like. There are all sorts of Grimoires and Cryptonomicons. At the core, though.... Magic is taking a thought and making it real. Taking a lie and making it the truth. Telling a story to the universe so utterly, cosmically perfect that for a single, shining moment... the world believes a man can fly."

"Users are able to utilize , the use of certain such as , and as well as , and to mysterious and/or that don't abide by conventional science or laws of reality to any or imaginable. They can do so to varying degrees, with only their , personal power-level, imagination/knowledge, and/or morality to define the borders. Given the flexibility of magic and their ability to transcend logic, laws, and common sense, its users have essentially limitless possibilities for what they can accomplish and achieve, essentially being capable of through their magic"

"All magic is fueled by , like or other potential , such as energies from . Without the necessary energy/source to fuel magic into existence it would be simply powerless practices and pure myths. Overall magic by its purest nature and concept is a that roots variants forms of magics throughout the supernatural world"

"Users themselves who wield magic can fundamentally inherit esoteric powers, qualities, traits that on the kind of magic that they use, having all the passive and active aspects that makes the functionalities of their magic to work on the intentions and ideals within both the and that are bound to the magical world, for example an who has can gain all the themselves as well as having an that intertwines with their own physiological nature"

"Meaning a simple gesture could activate a magic, just by having knowledge about the topic"

Afterwards he then picked a kid among the crowd as he ordered him to cast a fireball. Under the professors command, the student created the fireball which was powerful enough to amaze the crowd, but it seems like Professor Nico simply smiled as he applauded for the effort of the student.

Afterwards, he pulled in everyone's attention, as he opens up his palm and wordlessly created a ball of fire in his hand, which is way bigger than the student and natural.ly way more hotter.

"See the difference? this is the difference of casting magic and to getting used to practical magic that only needed a thought for activation. Remember!  Magic can often be split into benevolent and malevolent, though depending on the situation can also be neutral. Magic is a practiced technique that connects a person to the elements and forces of nature in order to practice witchcraft"