Chapter 54: You went all stupid.

Song: NDA by Billie Eilish

Third Person POV

Law Enforcement and Scarlett's security are running out of time, same goes to Y/N who's avoiding going into shock. While the team outside is getting their plan together, Scarlett's chest burns at the sound of Y/N's state, debating either to call Elizabeth or wait until this is over. Her hands quiver as she texts her best friend but immediately deletes her text as her children come into mind. Teardrops land on her phone screen while trying to think of what to do, she drops into the floor curling up. Her person is still in the same house but still so far away.

As Dallas sobers up, his mind begins to spiral. Incapable of sitting still, he continues to pace around the living room, occasionally peeking through the curtains. "I think you would've been an amazing dad, if you never were given snow. Shame, those kids will never get to experience a dad." Y/N's thought process was cloudy, as they slowly began to lose consciousness. Dallas is running out of time, his only ticket is his former teammate. "Don't you dare, Rodriguez." He crawled his way to Y/N. Unfortunately for him, it's a clear zone for the deployed snipers. "You were one of the best of your ODAs. Why did you have to destroy your own reputation? Not only your professional life but you ruined your family. From what you told me, that was your pride and joy." Y/N pauses. "I just built my own family, Dallas. I would do anything for their safety. To my grave." Y/N faintly smiled as Dallas kept pressure on their wounds. "You just answered the question, for their safety. Out of the military isn't how people say, not how I remembered. I was hunted down, Rodriguez. They ruined my life." Dallas's tone deepens on the last part. Y/N immediately understood. "That was their goal, Dallas. Ruined my mental state, you know that. You saw the bunker, you saw what they do to a person." Y/N expressed. "Seeing you chained in that condition, terrified me. Once I saw what your surroundings looked like, you were what truly terrified me the most. What you did made my skin crawl. Most of those who stepped in that bunker retired. " Dallas opened up. "You know, Cash was the one who came up to me with the idea. I was only given the order to plan out a blueprint of the tactic." Dallas admitted, acknowledging his own words.

Comms went silent for a moment, causing disturbance outside. Commotion causes chaos to dissemble. "Falcons?" The chief of police questioned through the transceivers. "Negative. No clear visuals." The radio static followed the masculine voice. A muffled sound of shots firing travels out of the house, chased by a second shot. "GO GO GO, MEDICS, FOLLOW." Chief yelled out.

Scarlett's POV

The high-frequency noises from the radio were too much so I covered my ears and distanced myself away from the door. My stomach dropped once I heard banging on the door. The sound of the hinges caused chills around my body. "Scarlett" Y/N's scream echoed around the room. "Y/N/N?" I slowly approached. "He's out." Y/N admitted, causing me to increase my speed towards them. The sight of their state brought this cold feeling within me. "God, you went all stupid." I held back my tears as I placed towels on their abdomen and ribs. "Anything for my family. Stupid is absolute." They faintly laugh. I start hearing commotion upstairs, "Y/N?" An assembly of voices yelling out their name. "Scarlett?" Amy's voice echoed down the stairs. "DOWN HERE. THEY'RE WITH ME." I yelled out. I look down again to Y/N, "Quickly, relocate my safe whenever you get the moment. No banks, not outside this house. Stay with our family, security with you 24/7." They whispered. "I'm so sorry, my love, for my chaos." Y/N's hand gripped my arm. "Don't. Stay strong for our family, I love you Y/N. You're my person." My tears eventually drop.

Third Person POV

In the cold waiting room, her puffy tired eyes are glued to her darkened phone screen. The door hinges startled Scarlett, "We're here, my god." Lizzie's voice echoed. The bloody top was the first red flag. Nicole sat beside Scarlett as well as Lizzie while Robbie paced around. "What's happened?" Nicole questioned but Scarlett remained lost. "Give her time, Nicole." Lizzie's voice shivered. Robbie re-opens the door and speaks to the officer, trying to see who can give information on the scene. Meanwhile, Lizzie covered Scarlett with her blazer, seeing her body shiver. "I'm going for some tea, you want some?" Nicole asks. "Please, a coffee for Robbie too." Lizzie answers, letting Scarlett's body crash into hers. The silence in the room deafens Lizzie as every scenario comes into mind.

Robbie and eventually Nicole reunite back into the waiting room. "How is she?" Nicole asks, handing over Lizzie's tea to her. "She's asleep, still shivering tho." Lizzie puts her phone away as she sees Nicole's hand. "Robbie, could you get the pair of emergency clothes from the car? Take security with you." Lizzie comments. Her husband rapidly obeys, "What about you, Nicole? How are you?" Lizzie sees Nicole's anxiety from her peripheral vision. "I hate hospitals." Nicole simply answers with a deep sigh. "I can't lose them. I don't think I can survive if they..." She paused, unfit to continue. Lizzie sits her cup down and grips Nicole's hand, "They're unstoppable, they'll get through this." Lizzie whispers. Although she's unable to see Nicole, Lizzie listens to Nicole sniffing her tears away.

Scarlett's POV

My eyes felt heavy as I waited for my family, I could feel Y/N's blood stick onto my skin as the cold airflow spiral around the room. My emotions are thrown up in the air. My world has stopped, I fucking hate this. My future depends on this evening. The whine of the door hinges reminds of my person bleeding out, the sight that haunts me. I love them too much to lose them. Our kids, I can't do this alone. I still felt the layer of their blood on my skin, causing my body to shiver. Why would anyone do this? 

A/N:

Thoughts?