Chapter 42: Surprises

Song: My little love by Adele

April 22, 2024. 10:02 am

Lizzie's POV:

Nicole, Robbie, and I planned this for Y/N last week. Well, Nicole warned/reminded me that Y/N doesn't like celebrating their birthday. But I insisted, it's my house and they're my best friend too. Plus I asked Y/N if we could, not giving them details but they actually approved. They said something small and I contacted some of their previous clients like Cate, Zendaya, Paul, and Sarah. The rest of the guests are Marvel cast or singers. "So you're okay babysitting the kids for a few days?" Scarlett asks as we see the tickle attack happening. "Yep, although Robbie and I are going to spoil them rot." I assure her, earning a chuckle from her. "Just FYI, I tripled my security. With what's going on, I wanted to be sure that nothing happens to my kids. But like always, avoid showing their faces in public and always have security with you guys. No matter if it's a coffee run." Scarlett adds. As the children's laughs' die down, we join Nicole as the kids run to the kitchen to Robbie who's helping the kids serve their plates. "Let me stay for a bit, my back and shoulder need to adjust to the tackle." Y/N announces, in groans. Scarlett joins them, lying down next to them. "We'll be right there."

Scarlett's POV:

I keep forgetting that sometimes a cold floor is comforting. "You know when Hunter and I were kids, we used to lay down on a cold floor after arguing. But now it's only for some back relief." I tell Y/N as I connect my hand with theirs. "After almost 17 years of duty, I think my body is 58 instead of 34 years old." Y/N chuckles as we make eye contact. "I'm so grateful to make it to another year. Thank you for staying in my life." Y/N continues, as my lips connect with theirs. "Hey lovebirds, breakfast is over here." I hear Robbie yell. Earning a synchronized laugh from us. I help Y/N get up after getting on my feet. "Don't worry I got a surprise for you later tonight." I whispered as we hugged a moment before joining the rest.

"What are the plans for today?" Y/N asks as they finally sit down. That earns a chuckle from Lizzie, "Well it wouldn't be a surprise if we told you." "Just a casual suit." Nicole jumps in, as she helps Cosmo eat. That boy can eat as if he was starved. So I cut everything on his plate and Nicole feeds him. Rose and Elena are talking about who's their favorite Barbies and the type of... crystals?!? Why crystals? They're in their world. "I'm sure someone's going to help you out on that." I hear Lizzie say, smirking. "Oh if she helps out, I don't think we'll see you again." Robbie continues with the teasing. "Like if y'all don't disappear after watering the garden." Y/N says with a disgusted face. "My room is down the hall from y'all. Thank you Nicole for being a roommate with my child." Y/N continues, chuckling seeing their reaction. The married couple is now avoiding eye contact with Y/N. "Anyways...I'm stealing Y/N and the kids for a bit. Girls?" I excuse us before the witch comes out. Leaving Nicole in the awkward silence.

I slap Y/N's arm while the girls run to get ready. "HEY, I'm holding your child here." Y/N says in disbelief. "What was that?" I whisper-yelled as we follow the girls. "What? I can't tease back." "Yes, but there were kids present." "Sorry, but I saw the girls were in their world and Cosmo, here, didn't understand anything. He's still too young. But I am still wrong in saying that in front of them, I'm sorry." Y/N says as we reach the girls' room, lowering Cosmo. We see Cosmo's little run causing Y/N to melt in awe. "This lil potato might kill me, his little run is just too cute." Y/N explains. Once we get everyone in the car, we head to the aquarium in Long Beach. "It's going to be a long trip due to traffic." I announced. "You could've let me drive." Y/N replied while looking for our PG playlist. "That would've given out the surprise and it's your birthday. Let me spoil you." I explain as we merge into the freeway.

Normal POV:

During the drive, the kids behaved soo well. The no-tech rule really helped us. "My security team will be joining us today. Two with us and others will be around, so just a heads up." Scarlett comments as she reaches for her drink. "Alright, let me alarm Elena." I replied, lowering my mirror. "Elena, mija." "Si mami?" Elena looks up into the mirror. "Remember what I told you about my second job? And about the rude men with cameras?" I tested the water. "Si mami, about you helping people in danger. Being a guard." Elena replies, still making eye contact. "Si mija, well there will be some guards joining us today." I continue. "What about the creepy men with cameras?" She questions with a worried look. "I hope not but if it happens, what will you do, love?" I ask. "Quickly go to you when you tell me to and avoid showing my face by cuddling with you." She replies. "Good mija, also remember to breathe. Scarly and I got you. Rose, Cosmo same to you, loves. Just breathe." I ensure them, looking at their faces. "Rose, Cosmo if you don't get to me in time, go with Y/N or Amy. Remember Amy?" Scarlett gently asks. I hear their soft 'yes, mama.' 

A/N: college is just kicking my ass. I have stats, help. Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter.