Chapter 40: Cosmo's Diaper

Song: Golden Hour By JVKE (only for the last part of this chapter) 

April 21, 2024

Normal POV:

I've been on the lookout for a new apartment since my old place was gutted. I'm grateful for Riggs at the moment. A few days ago, we were given the green light to revisit my apartment. So Riggs and I went that same evening so I could gather some boxes and luggage of stuff. What I didn't know or expect was that it'd been my last time stepping into that apartment. Last night, I was notified that my apartment was in a fire incident. Losing everything but grateful that I've gotten my James and Elena's memorabilia box and Elena's things out on time. "Babe, can you please help me with Cosmo's diaper? Rose and Elena need me right now." I hear Scarlett yelling from upstairs. I instantly head upstairs "Where is he?" I asked as I walked by the playroom. "On the changing table, he's runny. Sorry love." She replies. Nope... That calls for a bath.

"Y/n/n?" I hear Scarlett yell out. "In the bathroom," I replied, washing Cosmo's back. "Oh, I didn't think it was that bad." She walks in. "The changing table is...... Honestly, we might need a new one" I say, helping Cosmo sit back down. This 3-year-old has the energy of a border collie. Slashing water toward us then continuing playing with his animal toys. "Actually, this was perfect timing. I was planning to start potty training anyways." I listened as I started shampooing his hair. "You might still need one. With Elena, I had two charging stations. One in her room and the other one in the bathroom, that was foldable." sharing my experience, earning a hum. "That's actually a great idea. Do you remember where you got the foldable?" " I actually built it.." It took me 6 tries to get it to my liking. "I can remake it though. I think Robbie has the proper equipment." I continue. "Bud, you're all done. Can you stand up so that Mommy can dry you out?" I asked. "yEs, Mommy I'm all clean." He's been practicing his sentences and rewording his questions lately. With his cute little lisp, obviously. "Got him? I'm going to go get rid of the mess." She agrees as I head to Cosmo's room. Sighing at the sight of human shit on the walls and changing area. 'What a great morning'

We all head downstairs after our chaotic disaster: Scarlett and the girls match today with a neutral blue color. Meanwhile, Cosmo and I are wearing kangaroo onesies...His idea. "Looking for an apartment?" I heard as I was lowering Cosmo down. "Yeah, I think I'm getting tired of Lizzie and Robbie. Don't get me wrong, they're wonderful and all but I can't stay there anymore." I explained as I made my way to her. Earning a very interesting hum. A judgment hum. "I might have to tell Lizzie, you know?" She adds, sitting near my computer. After getting the kids' breakfast ready, I started making our breakfast. Scarlett cooked yesterday, so today's my turn. "What if you just move in here with us?" Scarlett comments. "Can we mami? Pleassseee?" Elena's face lighted up like a firework. "I'll think about it, love." My heart was racing as continued making Scar's plate.

Scarlett's POV:

Is it too soon? Did I just fucked up? They're avoiding eye contact. SHITT. My mouth and my brain were working separately at that moment. The kids saved breakfast with their chaotic selves. After cleaning up our breakfast mess, the kids decided to play some Wii upstairs. Leaving Y/N and I in this tense environment. "Did I fucked up? Is it too soon? Cause I'll understand if you're not comfortable yet with-" My rambling was cut off. Y/N's lips pecked mine as I felt their soft warm hand on my cheek. "Babe, it's alright. I'm not going anywhere. Plus, I would love to." Y/N added. "OH THANK GOD. I thought I just ruined everything." I instantly go in for the deepest hug. "We're THAT gay couple... you know. The U-haul" Y/N ruins the moment. "You just had to. Moment ruined." I groan as I go check on the kids.

A/N: 

This is sooo late and I'm soo sorry. Life is just kicking my ass right now.