Chapter 23: Family

Song: August by Taylor Swift

October 13, 2023. New York.

Normal POV:

After Riggs and Brewer left, I headed to the other van to grab my things. 'I'm home. Finally home' I thought, grabbing Scarlett's flowers. "Major" I see the soldiers saluting before they headed back. As I headed back inside, I see my brother and Nicole waiting to help me get these duffle bags. "Here let me, go with your girl." Nicole says. "I-" "Don't deny it. I have eyes" My brother replies with a smirk, cutting me off. Leaving my duffle bags and backpack, I head to the kitchen behind Hunter since he helped me with it. "Sis, Y/n's here." Hunter announced and left after getting something. "Thank you." She yelled. "Hii love." I say as she hugs me. "I've missed you. Elena is going to freak out." "Where is she?" I asked while gliding my hand on top of hers. "She's with my mom and the kids." She replies. "And what does Elena think about Cosmo and Rose?" " She seems happy around them. I asked her once and she said that they'll like siblings to her, funny, and that she likes them." She replies as we dance a little bit. "Did she? Well, now I do need to take you out on a date." She laughs. "Your flowers, love" "They can wait." She replies as her lips touch mine. I missed this. I missed her laugh. Her smooth lips. Her raspy voice.

"Lovebirds" We hear Lizzie's voice

"Lovebirds" We hear Lizzie's voice. "Remember your guests? They're waiting for Y/N, thinking they're outside still." She adds. "I'll be right there." I replied, letting go of Scar. "Mhmm, just avoid railing Scar in the kitchen. We're eating in a bit, remember that." "Fucking lizard, go tell them to wait," I replied to her comment, hearing Scar's and Lizzie's laugh. " Here let me get a vase for the flowers." Scarlett says. I just admire her struggle to reach the vase. "Aww, my love can't reach the little vase." I say in a baby voice, earning a glimpse of Natalia in Scar's face. "Oh shit, let me help." "No don't. Go with Lizzie." I get goosebumps hearing Natalia in the flesh. "Yes ma'am." I say as I walk out. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE MAAM?" 'oh shit, I'm in trouble' I thought. "Mate, you're in trouble." Dan say as he finished getting his coat on. "You're leaving?" I asked. "Yeah, I have a flight to catch. Don't worry, I'll see you in L. A" "L.A?" I asked, confused. "Umm, yeah Nicole and Elena moved to L.A to be closer to Lizzie." "That was around May of 2022. Did you get the letters?" He asked. My eyes widen, he notices and quickly covers as he saw the others walk in. "Well, I'll see you soon, ok?" I just nod. After Dan left, my brother did too. I don't blame him, he has a pregnant wife to get home to. Leaving me with the chaotic part of this family. 

A/N: Short, I know.