Chapter 29: Power

"I like to say I believe in ghosts so I don't get haunted by one"

"Is she getting worse? Anita asked Peter, watching him dab a wet rag on Cora's forehead. Peter simply ignored her comment and turned towards the chaotic hallway.

"Hey! Anyone want to tell me when they're getting my nice out of here?" Peter asked.

"Sorry, but she wasn't. Uh-you're supposed to be dead". Melissa stopped in the doorway.

"I get that a lot actually". Peter said with no amusement.

"You two know each other?" Anita pointed between the two.

"Long story". Peter sighed.

Cora suddenly shot forward, throwing black liquid up onto the ground.

"I think that just answered my question". Anita looked at the puddle.

"We're going to have to transfer Cora to another hospital with this storm.  Just hang on".  Melissa told the two, exiting the room.  Anita followed after her.

"Do you need help?  I feel like I should help."  Anita offered to Melissa.

"Honey, all you can do is just be there for your friend, alright?"  Melissa reassured her before rushing to help others.

Anita looked back into the room seeing two other nurses help dress Cora, getting ready to move her.  Anita looked to Peter who was on the phone.

"Are we moving her right away?"  Anita asked the nurses.

"Not quite.  When we get another ambulance open, we will". 

Anita groaned.  That was going to take forever.  Anita leaned on her heels before heading back out.

"Where are you going?"  Peter looked over to her.

"I'm trying to speed things up for Cora".  She said, not bothering to look at him.

The hospital was so chaotic that the staff didn't even realize she was behind the counter going through papers and even making a few phone calls.

"Oh.  Who is this?"  She asked on the phone.  "Ummm.  Ms. McCall".  She answered with a smile.  She was so smart.

Her smile then dropped.

"My ID number?  Oh, yes it's-"  She immediately hung up.  "Dammit". 

Anita watched as more nursers rushed by and stood up.  She was making no progress here.  Anita decided to go back to Peter and Cora to see if there was an update.

However, when she got back the two weren't there.  "Hello?"  She questioned.

Weird.

Anita thought they were transferred to another room due to the mess.  Anita immediately spun around and exit only to be met with a person.  Anita gasped but relaxed seeing it was Derek.  Her eyes then went to his hand that was gripping Ms. Blake's forearm and then to Scott and then Stiles who was holding a bat.

"Two questions.  What's she doing here and why do you have a bat?"  She directed the last question to Stiles.

"She's the Darach".  Stiles pointed to Ms. Blake.

Anita looked to her English teacher with wide eyes.  "I knew I didn't like you for another reason.  You also sucked at your job".  Anita crossed her arms over her chest.

Ms. Blake rolled her eyes.  "You were always a terrible student, Anita". 

Anita took a step forward but Derek stopped her with his other hand.  "Where's Cora and Peter?"