Chapter 12: It's a Date

"For what I have done And have failed to do.  I am sorry"

"I can't believe you were shot".  Charlie said with wide eyes as he was seated next to her at a table, outside the school.

"Sorry, I couldn't tell you sooner". Anita looked to him with a sad smile.

"Believe me, you have nothing to be sorry about".  Charlie reassured her.

Charlie tapped his hand on the table, looked like he was thinking before he straightened his poster the most he could.

"Are you allowed out tonight?"  Charlie asked.

"My parents really don't care that much since I returned".  Anita leaned forward in her seat.

"From Eichen or the hospital?"  Charlie raised an eyebrow.

Anita let out a snort, shaking her head.  "Both".  She concluded.

"So, you're free?"  Charlie questioned and Anita was clueless of what he was getting at.

"Yeah.".  She nodded her head.

"Would you...maybe, want to go on a date?"  Charlie asked.

Anita sat there, staring at him.  She felt heat rush to her cheeks.  She was never asked on a date before. 

Correction!

She was.  One time in Eichen.  This weird guy asked her on a date.  A date to a tea party with The King, The Queen, and The Joker.

The cards to be specific.

"Oh, uh.  Yes".  Anita nodded her head.

"Really?  Great.  It's nothing too fancy.  I hope that's alright."  Charlie said.

"I don't like fancy".  Anita let out a nervous laugh, moving some hair away from her face.

"I'll pick you up at six".  Charlie stood up from his spot, giving her his famous smile that made her swoon.

"Sounds great".  Anita nodded as she watched him walk away.  As soon as he was out of hearing distance she let out a squeal, doing a little dance in her spot.

"Oh, my gosh.  This can't be happening".  She whispered to herself.

She had a crush on him the third day they started talking and now here it was.  She was going on a date with him.  Her first, official, date.

"What am I going to wear?"  She asked herself.

"To what?"  A new voice asked.

Anita looked to her side, seeing Isaac walk over to her.

"Nothing".  Anita looked away, reaching for her bag of carrots.  Only for Isaac to grab the bag before she could.

"Hey!"  Anita gave him a look as he put a few carrots in his mouth.

"Come on, tell me.  We're friends".  Isaac slid into the spot where Charlie once was.

"No".  Anita's face scrunched up with a shake.

"No?"  Isaac asked with carrots in his mouth.

"You poisoned me".  Anita whispered-yelled so nearby people wouldn't hear.

"To be fair".  Isaac started, pointing to her.  "I thought you were the Kanima". 

"That's a mindless excuse".  Anita grabbed the bag from him and Isaac only narrowed his eyes at her bizarre wording.

"I'm sorry".  Isaac apologized.

Anita narrowed her eyes, not knowing if he was genuine or not. 

Isaac was truly sorry.  Anita seemed nice and he didn't have friends.  Erica and Boyd disappeared to who knows where and he didn't want to get on Derek's bad side since he clearly had a protective side for her.