Chapter 25: Hotel California

"See, people are like locked rooms.  They've all got different locks and you've got to guess the shape of their key".

Anita stepped off the bus, looking around the dark motel. Her eyes landed on the glowing neon sign that read, Motel Glen Capri.

"I've seen worse". Scott spoke out loud and Stiles gave him a weird look.

"Where have you seen worse?"

Coach blew his whistle at the group who stood outside the bus.

"Listen up! The Meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely."

Students started to pair up and grab a key from Coaches hand. "And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that?" He asked, looking at the students walking to their rooms, the last few grabbing a key on their way.

"Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Anita stood back near Lydia as she watched the bus drive over to park out of the way.

"You good?" Allison turned to Lydia.

"I don't like this place". Lydia answered Allison.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place. It's just for one night". Allison tried to reassure her best friend.

"A lot can happen in one night". Lydia whispered.

"Yeah, uh". Anita scratched the top of her head as she looked around. The two girls looking at her.

"There's a few ghosts here...not to freak you out". She shrugged and then turned back to the bus. "I'm not staying here. I'm sleeping on the bus". Anita immediately turned away and headed for the bus.

"Wha-Anita!" Allison didn't want her to be alone and in a bus but Anita usually did what she wanted. 

Anita walked up to the bus, noticing the door was closed.  She placed her bag on the ground and tried to open up the bus door but it wasn't budging.  Anita groaned and tried harder but again, nothing.

"Let me try".  A mid-Atlantic accent sounded from behind her.  Anita turned around and saw a woman in her late 20s. 

"May I?"  The woman gestured to the bus and Anita gave a nod, moving to the side.

Anita watched as the woman grabbed at the bus and it shook slightly when the woman tried to open it.  Anita swallowed harshly.  She immediately knew this woman was a ghost.  It was obvious after all.

The mid-Atlantic accent no one had anymore.

Her victory rolls hairstyle.

And her interesting outfit.

After another try, the bus door slid open.  "There we go!"  The woman smiled widely, gesturing to the opened door and then turned to Anita, noticing the look of discomfort on her face.

"Like my outfit?  It's the New Look silhouette". The woman then let out a small angelic laugh and her waved her hands playfully. "Well, not new now. But you know what I mean".

Anita squinted her eyes at the woman for a moment. "You know". Anita said simply.

"Know what dear? That I'm dead?" The woman let out a small laugh. "Well, of course. I've been dead for a little over sixty years-oh! How rude. I'm Margaret Newton". She held her hand out to Anita.