Chapter 2: Derek

"I have a gift - and I can see ghosts"

Anita hummed to herself as she walked down the street, swinging one of her arms back and forth.  She didn't drive, obviously.  And both her parents were at work so she had to walk home.  It was a thirty minute walk but she didn't mind.  She had time to think.

"You're thinking about that Charlie guy, aren't you?"  Simon said, he was walking in the street beside her.

"Maybe".  Anita answered, smiling.

"I don't like him". 

"You're jealous".  She pointed out.

"I'm not".  He said seriously and Anita shook her head.

"Hey, you said you wanted me to make friends".  She looked to him as they walked.

"I know but friends with anyone but that guy". 

Anita let out a laugh.  "I'm not going to replace you.  Don't worry".

He was about to say something else but couldn't when a blue jeep came running right through him.  Skidding to a stop.  It made her jump from what she saw but she reminded herself that he was a ghost.

"Hey!  Ghost Whisperer!"  Stilinski shouted from the drivers seat.

"Stiles".  McCall gave him a look at the name.

"You're Anita, right?"  McCall gave her a warm smile.

"Yeaaaaah".  She dragged out, wondering what the hell they were doing.

"Want us to give you a lift?"  McCall asked.

Anita just stood there as she looked around.  What was going on?

"Just you.  Not your ghost friends".  Stiles said seriously.

Anita gave him a look.  "I'm good".  She started to walk again.

She heard the two bicker as the jeep was rolling slowly next to her.

"Come on". Stiles called out. "Fine. But only one ghost".

Anita huffed as she spun on her foot and crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at the boy.

The jeep came to a stop again.

"You're not funny". Anita said and Stiles gaped.

"Don't mind him, he doesn't know what he's saying half the time. I'm Scott". Scott gave her an apologetic look.

"I'm still not getting in". Anita told Scott. She was about to walk away again when Scott called to her.

"How do you know Derek Hale?" He asked.

"Why do you want to know?" She asked, scoffing.

"It's just that-"

"You know I'm done with this conversation". She kept her head up high. "Leave me alone before I call the police". She threatened.