Chapter 9: Don't Drink the Kool-Aid

"There's a difference between feeling good and feeling alive.  The two aren't always the same"

"Are you going to Lydia's party?" Simon asked.

"No. I don't even know her. Why would I go?"  Anita asked, she heard talk about the party but not much.

"It'll be good for you to live the teenager life-"

"I'm nineteen whose a junior.  Little embarrassing".  Anita gave him a look.

"Nine-TEEN.  Still has that in there and who cares?"  Simon waved it off and then pointed to her. 

"You should go to the party". 

"I'm not going.  I'd rather stay here, drink a Dr. Pepper, eat chips and watch movies".  Anita heading out of her room.

"Live your life.  Get out of your bubble".  Simon followed after her.

Anita shook her head as she walked out the door than popped her head back in the doorway.

"Not going".

~~~

"I can't believe I'm here".  Anita grumbled as she looked around the chaotic backyard of Lydia Martins house.

Anita was sitting in a chair at a round table while looking at everyone else. Someone suddenly stood in front of her and she looked up to see Lydia looking at her with a look of curiosity before a smile. Lydia than grabbed a drink from her tray and sat it down in front of Anita before moving on.

Anita watched her leave than her eyes went to the cup as she analyzed it. "Do you think there's alcohol in here?" Anita asked Simon who was sitting in the other free spot across from her.

"Probably".

Anita grabbed the cup, looking at it for a bit longer before she quickly tossed the liquid into the bushes behind her.

"Mmm. Delicious".

Simon snorted.

"Shit".  Anita said as she spotted Scott and Stiles. 

"What?"  Simon asked and then followed her gaze.

"Shit".  Simon followed suit.

"It's like I can't lose those two.  I'm honestly surprised not many people at the high school know about the supernatural with how much those two talk about it.  As well as how loud they are in class".  Anita ranted, playing with the empty cup.

Someone jumped in the pool and Anita moved her feet slightly, avoiding the water from splashing on her.

"In coming". Simon said

Anita looked up, seeing Stiles and Scott hurriedly walk over to her. Anita squinted her eyes as she looked at Stiles.

"Why are you wet?"

"Why are you here? This doesn't seem like your seen". Stiles crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're right. It's not, but Simon basically made me come". Anita tilted her head to the side slightly as she stared at Stiles

"Whose Simon?" Stiles asked Scott, Scott just ignored him.

"Did you drink the punch?" Scott asked.

"No". Anita raised an eyebrow to him.

Scott nodded. "Good. Lydia did something with it and it's making whoever drinks it see things". Scott looked around as he explained it to her.

"That's why you don't drink the kool-aid". Simon said.

Anita smiled as she let out a laugh, looking at Simon. "Nice one Simon".

"Oh, it's her 'ghost friend'". Stiles comment clearly held irritation.

"You know, Stiles". Anita looked up at the boy from where she sat, her fingers trailing the rim of the cup.

"With your best friend being a werewolf and Jackson being a Kanima. I would think you would be more open with ghosts". Anita commented.

"Nice". Simon smiled at her for standing up for herself.

Stiles huffed in response and held his finger up about to say something when they heard someone familiar.

"No, dude. Don't. Don't. I can't swim". Matt cried out. "No, no, no. Stop, guys!" And then he got thrown into the pool.

"I can't-". Matt struggled as it seemed like it all clicked for the three of them.

Jackson pulled Matt out as he stood beside him. Matt looked around as everyone at the party was just looking at him.

"What are you looking at?" Matt asked, his eyes falling on Scott, Stiles, and Anita before he walked by them.

The sound of sirens was then soon heard.

"Cops are here!" Some boy said.

"Run!"

Everyone started to scatter and Anita looked around, not knowing what to do as Scott and Stiles stayed in their same spots as well for a moment. Scott was the first to leave to follow after Matt.

"So, I guess we found the Kanima Master?" Anita asked Stiles.

"Come on!" Stiles directed for her to follow him.

Anita didn't waste any time as followed after Stiles.

"It's Matt!" Scott told the two, finding them first.

"Figured". Anita muttered.

"I told you!" Stiles flayed his arms around in the air.

"What exactly do we do?" Anita asked Scott. Scott looked at her, thinking for a moment before he looked to Stiles.

"Get my dad to arrest him or something?" Stiles questioned.

"Isn't there a way to-oh, we're leaving". Anita saw as the two boys were heading to Stiles jeep, trailing after the two.

**I changed Anita's age to 19 because she was supposed to have her birthday soon but I decided it would be best if her birthday was in November**