Chapter 3: The Past Still Haunts Me

"Everytime someone says 'I don't believe in ghosts' there is a little ghost somewhere that falls down reincarnated"

2004...a few days after The Hale Fire Incident

"Why do I have to stay here?"  A young Anita asked her parents as they stood at the entrance of Eichen House.

"Because, Anita.  You are sick".  Her father said with a hard face.

"I don't feel sick".  Anita looked to her father than to her mother.

"This place will help you get better"  Her mother patted her shoulder.

"But I heard this is where crazy people go too". Anita questioned. "I want to go home". She looked at her parents sadly.

Both of her parents looked at one another but it wasn't with sad emotion. They wanted Anita to go in. The two then looked past Anita as a worker Eichen House grabbed Anita's suitcase before grabbing the girls upper arm.

"Mom!" Anita screamed as she tried to get out of the man's grip.

"Dad!" Anita cried out as she tried to dig her feet into the ground, but she was just eleven and this man was twice the size of her.

Her parents didn't say anything as they just watched her.

Her parents didn't show any emotion as their daughter begged for them.

Her parents did nothing.

Now...

Anita was sitting outside of school on one of the blue round tables with Charlie.  She was doing her chemistry homework, her book opened beside her while Charlie was talking and helping her every once and awhile.

"I do appreciate you helping me but you can do your homework".  Anita told him.  She felt bad she was keeping him away from his learning.

"Oh, trust me.  I can't do it when I'm with friends.  Can never concentrate".  He answered truthfully.

Anita let out a small laugh before flipping a page in her book and skimming it to try and find an answer.  Charlie snapped his fingers, causing her to to look back over to him.

"You know I haven't gotten your number yet".

Anita could feel her cheeks beating up.  "Nice".  She said simply while he grinned.

"Buuuut, I don't have a portable phone.  My parents won't get me one".  She said sadly.

"That's alright.  Just do it like the olden days".  He joked.  "Home phone will work". 

Anita bit her tongue as she twirled the pen on her fingers.  She was pretty sure he liked her with all his commentary the past few days since she first met him, but she wasn't sure.

"Ok, but you can't call past 9:00 pm or later".  She told him seriously.  "My dad won't be happy". 

"No problem at all".

"I'll write it down for you". She offered.

"No need.  We all know my memory is great".  Charlie waved his hands.

"Fine". She rolled her eyes playfully before giving him her home phone number, where she repeated only once and he said it back to her twice.

"Thank you for that but on another subject, what is Stilinski doing?"

Anita followed Charlie's eyes and saw Stiles running over to a girl she knew as Allison who was sitting at a table on the other side of her.

The boy was clearly out of breath and was speaking something to her with big breaths. Allison said something back before the boy looked a bit annoyed and went running back towards the school.

"I don't know but he looks funny running like that". Anita smiled widely.

It only took a few more minutes before Stiles came running back.

"Oh, here he comes again". Anita said, trying to hold in her laughter as she saw his small figure getting closer.

"I think he's playing messenger". Charlie said with a thoughtful face before his lips turned into a wide grin.  They saw Stiles put the inhaler to his mouth.

Both Charlie and Anita looked at one another before they burst into laughter while looking at the two.

"Something funny?" Stiles asked, trying to sound intimating but failed due to his wheezing.

"No, nothing". Anita waved him off while trying to hide her smile.

Stiles gave her a look before looking to Allison.  "She's crazy".  Was all he muttered.

"Heard that!"  Anita looked at him with a hard look.

"Mind your business!"  Stiles shouted over to her while Charlie flipped him off with both hands.

"Stiles".  Allison groaned.  "What did Scott say?"

And then Anita didn't pay attention to what they had to say anymore.  "I should get going.  I need to ask one of my teachers a question on an assignment before lunch ends".  Anita told Charlie as she started to pack her things.

"Ok.  You going to the lacrosse game tonight?"  Charlie asked her and she shook her head.

"Oh, ok.  I'll call you tonight?"  Charlie asked and Anita nodded her head as she started to walk towards the school.

"You better".  She smiled widely.

"Anita". An old, familiar voice spoke. Anita swallowed a lump in her throat as she ignored it.

"Anita?"

Anita glanced to the side, seeing her sister walking beside her.  It was the same, confused Clarice and Anita wanted her to go away.

"Go away, Clarice".  Anita whispered as she passed by a few students.

"Anita, why are we at Beacon High?"  Clarice asked.

Anita ignored her as she hurriedly walked up the stairs and made her way inside.  She quickly turned a corner, only to be met with her sister.

"Just.  Just go home". Anita told her.  "You can't be here right now". Anita breathed out.

A group of girls laughter made Anita turn around.  The girls were whispering to one another as they were clearly judging Anita.

Great.

"She's talking to herself again"

"Talking to Casper you mean?"

Anita turned back to Clarice, only to be meant with no one.  Anita continued on her way, away from the group of girls, they comments and laughter still filling her ears.

**Updating because it's Super Bowl.  Next update will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday**