Chapter 10: Crimson

"Seeing how sad and lost the ghosts were always pained me. So, in my final moments...I didn't want to die. I didn't want to be like them. I didn't want to be a lost soul".

"So this kid is the real killer?" Sheriff Stilinski asked looking down at the yearbook.

"Yeah". Stiles nodded.

"No". Stilinski shook his head.

"Yes!" Stiles fought.

"No".

"Oh, my god". Anita mumbled, placing her head in her hands from where she sat on the ground against Stiles bed.

"Dad, come on." Stiles quickly got out of his desk chair.

"Everybody knows the police look for ways to connect the victims in a murder, okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common". Stiles explained like it was easy.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class".

"Alright. Okay, right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

"No. You know what? They didn't drop the charges. But that doesn't prove anything".

Stiles almost exploded but his dad looked over to Scott.

"Scott, do you believe this?"

"That's really hard to explain how we know this but you gotta trust us. We know it's Matt". Scott told Stilinski honestly.

Stilinski sighed before he looked down to where Anita was.

"Anita, was it?" He asked and she nodded. "Do you?" He asked her.

"As much as I'm not a fan of your son, he's right". She nodded.

"Thank you". Stiles gestured down to her.

Stiles went on another rant again.

"Alright. Fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, But give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead?" Stilinski asked.

"Isn't obvious?" Stiles held his arms out. "Our swim team sucks".

Anita threw her head back and snorted.

"They haven't won in like six years but I mean, some on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"We need to look at the evidence". Scott answered Stilinski

"Yeah. That would be in the station, where I no longer work". Stilinski said.

"Trust me. They'll let you in". Stiles tried to convince his dad.

"Trust you?" Stilinski pointed to his son.

"Trust-trust Scott?" Stiles pointed to Scott who was behind him.

"Scott, I trust". Stilinski said truthfully.

~~~

"Oh, hold on, stop!" Scott told Stilinski as they were looking at the screen with the video on it.

"Did you see that? Scroll back".

"That's him. That's Matt!" Stiles pointed at the screen.

"All I see is a back of someone's head".

Anita couldn't help but nod in agreement at Stilinski's comment.