Chapter 5: Putting Pieces Together

"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

"Ok. So, how do we know Derek isn't after Anita still?" Scott asked as him and Stiles were walking down the hallway.

"That's the thing. Isaac told me Derek didn't even want her tested in the first place". Stiles stopped walking, causing Scott to stop as well.

"That doesn't make sense". Scott looked to his friend.

"Exactly. Isaac was all gloating how it was his idea". Stiles explained further.

"So, she's not the Kanima". Scott stated.

"But why did she have a coughing fit after swallowing the venom?" Stiles asked, raising an eyebrow. "You said she also puked black liquid and then passed out. That's not normal, Scott!" Stiles flipped out at the end.

"I know, okay?" Scott ran his hand through his hair.

"Wait". Scott thought for a moment. "You said that the whole thing was Isaac's idea, remember?" Scott asked Stiles and he nodded.

"Remember a few days ago when she talked to Derek?" Scott continued and Stiles nodded once again. Scott stopped for a moment and his eyes widened.

"Anita's sister knew Derek and since Derek knows that Anita isn't the Kanima that only means Derek and Anita know each other". Scott finally finished.

~~~

Anita groaned a bit as her eyes opened but quickly closed them due to the light blinding her. She put her arm over her eyes and opened them slowly once again.

"You passed out". She heard the voice of Simon.

Anita didn't respond.

"It's just me here. The nurse is in another room". Simon clarified.

"What happened exactly? Last thing I remember is feeling like I couldn't breath and then saw Scott". Anita explained what she remembered to her friend.

"I don't know. I wasn't with you before and during that. I was somewhere else". Simon sighed, feeling bad that he wasn't there for once. He has been giving her space ever since she started talking to Charlie. He didn't like that guy and really didn't want to be around when he was. But now he felt guilty for not being there when she needed him. Even though he couldn't do anything.

"Did that nurse call my parents?" Anita asked.

"Yeah. Heard the phone call. She called your dad at his work and he said that you'll be fine to stay in school". Simon explained sadly.

Anita let out a sigh. "Of course he did".

Anita removed her arm once her eyes adjusted to the light and slowly sat up, her eyes moving to Simon who was sitting in a chair not far away from her.

"How do you feel?" Simon asked.

"Tired". She mumbled then stood up, causing Simon to stand up as well.

"I'm just going to go home".  Anita headed out of the nurses office, Simon was already outside in the hall waiting for her.

"What will you parents think?"  Simon asked.

"They won't even know". Anita waved the ghost off as she went over to her locker where she past Scott and Stiles.

Anita was putting her combination in when she heard someone call her name.

"Anita!" Scott called to her and she turned her head in his direction.

"Oh, hi". Anita greeted him and she glanced to Stiles, giving him an acknowledged nod before putting the rest of her combination in, opening her door.

"How are you? Are you alright?" Scott asked.

"Oh...yeah. Must have been something I ate". She commented and the two boys gave each other a knowing look.

"Thank you though. For taking me to the nurses office". She thanked him softly while grabbing a book and putting it in her bag.

"Yeah. No worries. Actually, can we ask you a question?" Scott cut right to the chase.

Anita gave the two an uncertain look but shrugged her shoulders anyways. "Depends".

"How do you know Derek Hale?" Stiles asked.

Anita looked over at the buzzed cut boy. She was debating to answer. Like, why did they care? Was it because he was a wanted fugitive for awhile?

"My sister was friends with his older sister and I was friends with his youngest sister. I would go over to their house with her all the time". She answered them.

"Derek knows who you are than?" Stiles pushed.

"I mean. He knows who I am, but seeing him in front of the school just the other day was the first time I saw him in years. So...". She closed her locker door and gave the two boys a bored look.

"Anymore questions or can I go?"

"Yeah, just one more. Why do you think you see ghosts?" Stiles asked seriously and Anita chewed the inside of her cheek as now she wanted to cry. She felt like he was making fun of her now.

"Stay away from me". She told Stiles seriously, going the other way.

"Really?" Scott asked Stiles.

"What? I wanted to know why?" Stiles tried to defend himself. "At least now we have a better answer of how Derek and her know each other".

"What about her sister? Maybe we can talk to her?" Scott suggested.

"We don't even know where she lives. Plus, I'm sure she's equally as crazy as her". Stiles gestured with his hands to the fading figure of Anita who walked around the corner.