Chapter 029

"Cute bag

"Cute bag. Wait, is that mine?" Yun-jae did a double take at Beomgyu who was fixing his hair using the mirror in the hallway. He glanced down at the messenger bag that was slung across his body, resting on his waist. He shrugged, not really caring that much. She used his things all the time, and Yun-Jae has been rotting away at home anyway.

"How's college applications? Do you have any friends, you've been staying home this whole time," Beomgyu hummed as he walked to the fridge, dismissing Yun-Jae's question. Yun-Jae whined, stretching her body as Beomgyu raised an eyebrow at his weird younger sister.

"I'm too lazy to go out, and I don't have that many friends anyway. I was supposed to go out with Yuna but she's been busy with college, her boyfriend and her brother so it's on an indefinite hiatus now," Yun-Jae shared, turning the tv off just to grab her phone and start scrolling through social media.

"How about that guy you were talking to?" Beomgyu asked, putting the cup to his lips after pouring himself a glass of cold water. Yun-Jae hummed, showing disinterest in what he had to say.

"Oh him? He's not really my type, and too many people have a crush on him. It's so hard finding a cute, nice guy who's not popular." Yun-Jae sighs dramatically, putting a hand over her forehead. Beomgyu shook his head at his exaggerating sister, putting the glass in his cup.

"How about we go out for dinner tonight? We haven't hung out in a long time," Beomgyu hummed as he walked over to the front door to put on his shoes, having been in the process of getting ready for work before he got caught up in a conversation with Yun-Jae.

"Sounds good. I'm going to the mall later, I need to do some shopping," Yun-Jae informed her brother. Although she was getting older, the habit of telling her brother her whereabouts have never really worn out. And Beomgyu was grateful for that.

"Sure. You have money?" Beomgyu asked, getting up after lacing his sneakers on tightly. She nodded her head lightly, putting up her hand to give him a wave as her eyes never left her phone as she viewed her friends' stories keenly. He returned the wave, although she couldn't see it, before rolling his eyes and pulling open the door, stepping out into the open.

He walked to the cafe nearby, headphones in as his hands rested on the strap of his messenger bag. He looked like a college student, with his baggy jeans and his casual plaid button up that was slightly oversized on him (it was Soobin's). Many eyes stared at him in adoration and awe, but he was used to it. He ignored it and walked forward, each step filled with a youthful bounce as the cafe was merely a few metres away.

"Good morning~" Beomgyu called out to all the workers as he stepped into the cafe that was still closed. His employees greeted him chirpily, and Beomgyu breathed in the fresh scent of baked goods with a content smile on his face. Mark and Eunbi were only going to come in in the afternoon, having an appointment to settle on the wedding cake in the morning.

"You look happy," One of Beomgyu's long-time part-timers commented, a sly smirk on his face. Beomgyu nudged the guy, who was born in the same year as him, playfully and they worked side by side to clean up the counter and arrange the baked goods on display.