Chapter 012

"Welcome back," Ryujin closed the door gently, making sure the sign outside was flipped to the correct side when she heard someone greet her

"Welcome back," Ryujin closed the door gently, making sure the sign outside was flipped to the correct side when she heard someone greet her. She turned around, a mischievous grin escaping her lips to meet the one that Beomgyu had on his face.

Ryujin walked over to him, and Beomgyu couldn't help that she was more dressed up that day. Wearing a green knit sweater that complimented her skin very well along with a pair of wide-legged grey jeans that went well with her white sneakers. Her hair was clipped up by a green claw clip that matched her sweater, hair strands framing her face effortlessly that made her look stunning.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Beomgyu asked while laughing, taking Ryujin's bag from her to hang on the empty coat hanger. No one except Beomgyu was there since he told Ryujin to come over when the cafe was closed.

"I went to hang out with my sister earlier. I couldn't risk being judged for my poor outfit choices by her. She's considering fashion as a major for university." Ryujin chuckled, comfortably sitting on one of the chairs as she watched Beomgyu put away her bag.

"Come with me," Beomgyu ushered Ryujin over, using his shoulder to push open the kitchen door before he disappeared behind it. Ryujin quickly got up, jogging over to push open the kitchen door.

Her eyes went wide as she approached the kitchen counter filled with baking ingredients. Sugars, flour, butter, eggs, you name it, it was there. Arranged neatly and in order. Clean bowls and kitchen utensils were also arranged in a tray right next to it.

"I did promise to teach you how to make madeleines." Ryujin felt Beomgyu approach her, and she could just imagine the shy smile he wore. She felt her cheeks heat up when he helped put on an apron for her, skillfully tying a ribbon at the back for her before he stepped aside and next to her, showing her that he, too, was wearing an apron.

"You should've told me, so I could pay you back-" Beomgyu shushed her before she could continue, sending her a small playful glare before he leaned against the counter. It made him very attractive, in Ryujin's opinion.

Calmly and professionally, he explained the recipe and the use of the ingredients they had out, not giving Ryujin any chance to continue the topic. He was smart, so Ryujin would give him that.

"I'll send you the recipe once we're done with the madeleines, but are you ready to try and make them for the first time now?" Beomgyu asked, giving Ryujin an encouraging smile. She bit her lower lip nervously, but she couldn't contain her excitement and nodded her head eagerly.

Ryujin watched as Beomgyu extended his arm to take the ingredients, telling Ryujin what to do as he allowed her to take the reins. He didn't get mad when she accidentally spilled some flour on his kitchen counter, or when she got dough on her hands. He helped her clean up, affirming her that she was doing a good job.

"Alright, so we need to put this batter into the fridge for about 4 hours, before we continue." Ryujin glanced at the clock, suppressing her grin when she realised she still had the time so they could finish up the recipe on the day itself.