Chapter 007

"You should try that one, it's really good

"You should try that one, it's really good." Ryujin looked at Beomgyu before looking back down at the caramel apple uncertainly. She gingerly picked it up before bringing it closer to her mouth, a hand under her chin in case the caramel was to drip down.

Beomgyu watched as Ryujin took a small bite of the apple, chewing slowly as she processed whether it was to her liking. A small smile played on his lips seeing the nod of approval from her before she took another bite.

"Is this on your menu?" Ryujin asked in between her chewing. She must have liked it a lot because she had already inhaled half the apple. Beomgyu bit back his laugh seeing the sauce on the side of her lip.

"We sell it only when autumn starts. But I thought you would like it," Beomgyu explained, tapping the end of his lip to let Ryujin know she had something there. Ryujin flushed in embarrassment, quickly wiping away the sauce.

"How old were you when you started the cafe?" Ryujin quickly asked to distract Beomgyu from her embarrassment. Beomgyu swallowed the cake he was chewing.

"20 years old," Beomgyu hummed as he looked through the assortment of treats, wondering what to choose first. He looked up to see the pure shock on Ryujin's face and he had to quickly clarify.

"Well, I'm technically a co-owner with Eunbi sunbae. I started doing part-time in a cafe and she was the one who taught me everything. We decided to start our own cafe, and then we got her boyfriend at the time to help us out. So three of us run the whole thing, along with our workers."

"That's really cool. The only thing I remember doing at twenty was training all day." Ryujin sighed, taking another bite of her caramel apple and making sure there was no sauce on her lips anymore. Beomgyu chuckled.

"You joined the team pretty young, right? I remember seeing you in the Olympics in 2019 as well,"
"Yea, that was my first big tournament. It was nerve-racking."
"At least you did well. I remember when everyone in school talked about you because you were our age,"

Ryujin smiled as Beomgyu talked about his high school days. His eyes twinkled as he spoke, a pretty smile decorating his lips. Ryujin rested the temple of her head on her knees which she brought close to her chest, staring at Beomgyu as she nodded along to assure Beomgyu she was listening.

"Ryujin! The sun!" Beomgyu paused in his story-telling as he pointed eagerly to the front. Ryujin's heart fluttered by the way he called her name, and she brought her head up to catch the view.

Ryujin's breath got caught in her throat, it was truly magnificient. A hue of red and blue coated the skies as the sun slowly went down. Subconciously, her lips stretched into a smile as the breeze got caught in her hair.

Beomgyu looked over at her with the same smile on his lips. His smile faltered taking in Ryujin's side profile. He quickly looked away as he cleared his throat when she was about to turn toward him. He busied himself trying to find something else to eat.