Chapter 023

Beomgyu pressed the doorbell urgently, stuffing his cold hands into his pockets as he bounced on his feet, his now slightly red face still showing massive concern

He peered through the door when it cracked open slightly. His lips pulled into a frown seeing Ryujin looking through the door with a slightly embarrassed expression, her eyes still red and puffy. Her wobbling lip and wet cheeks told him that she was still in the middle of crying.

Beomgyu slipped through the door, closing it behind him. He looked down at Ryujin, the space between them barely an inch. He releases a sad sigh seeing Ryujin visibly very upset, wringing her hands together as she couldn't bear to look at Beomgyu in the eyes.

Beomgyu wrapped his arms around Ryujin's waist, pulling her into his embrace and closing the gap between them. One of his hands travelled to her hair, pushing her face lightly into his chest.

"It's okay. Just cry it out, I'm here." Beomgyu softly whispered, his fingers running through Ryujin's hair as he waited for her to accept his hug.

He placed his chin on the top of her head after she wrapped her arms around his torso, burying her face into his chest as the waterworks began again. Beomgyu swayed them a little, a protective hand on her waist and another one on the back of her head as he let the smaller girl cry.

He looked down at Ryujin when she pulled away, sniffling as she wiped away her tears. Ryujin looked up at Beomgyu, already feeling better now that she wasn't alone. She took in his appearance, his cheeks red from the insanely cold weather and his coat still on.

"You should have taken your coat off first. I have the heater on," Ryujin lightly nagged, her voice still nasally from her crying. Beomgyu chuckled softly, complying to her request as he shook off his coat, neatly placing it on the coat rack that Ryujin owned.

Ryujin took note of Beomgyu's slight shivering, the tips of his fingers red from the cold. Guilt creeped up on her seeing that she had asked him to come out in a weather so cold when he could have stayed at home where it was warm.

"I'll order us some food. How does some fried chicken sound?" Beomgyu hummed, pulling his phone out to go into the delivery app. He glanced up at Ryujin after her half-hearted hum, observing how she pursed her lips and twisted her fingers.

"I wanted to be there for you. Even if you didn't ask me to come here, I would have anyway. So don't be so concerned," Beomgyu waved her guilt off, looking back at his phone as he ordered the two some food.

He put his phone back in his pocket after the delivery had been confirmed, looking at Ryujin who still seemed a little sorry. He sighed slightly, shaking his head as a small smile grazed his lips.

"Let's distract those worrying thoughts you have. We should start a new show together, anything nice you think we'd enjoy?" Beomgyu offered, steering Ryujin to the tv.

Beomgyu sat on the sofa, patting the space next to him as he waited expectantly for Ryujin to sit next to him. She stood there, playing with the hem of her shirt as she thought about her next action. Seeing Beomgyu rub his arms to warm himself up decided for her, and she spoke up.