Chapter 010

"You okay?" Sang-yoon hummed as she watched Ryujin collapse to the floor, breathing heavily as a look of discomfort took over her features

"You okay?" Sang-yoon hummed as she watched Ryujin collapse to the floor, breathing heavily as a look of discomfort took over her features. She nodded, holding onto her ribs which developed stitches from the intense match.

Sang-yoon sat next to the elder, waiting for her to regain the energy to get up again. For any normal person, seeing Ryujin collapse would have been scary, but Sang-yoon was an athlete and this was the reality for athletes, sadly.

"Seriously, you need to take a break. They're basically overworking you, watch me ask Coach Yang to square up," Despite the pain, Ryujin managed to let out a tired laugh at Sang-yoon's irritation.

Slowly, she got up to sit next to Sang-yoon and released slow and steady breaths as she regained her energy. They watched over those who were still being made to train, trying to recover from the intensity of the practice they just finished.

"We're getting a break for the weekend. What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to go back to Busan, I got permission from the management team. Can't wait to flex these guns to Eunsa,"

Ryujin shoved Sang-yoon's arm which flexed her muscles out of her face, scoffing at her playful and childish manner. Sang-yoon laughed slightly, getting up with Ryujin watching her.

"Alright, I still have one more practice match to do. You should head back first, I think Coach Yang knows you're on the brink of a burnout too." Sang-yoon hummed, gesturing her head to the coach who was sending subtle concerned glances their way.

Ryujin chuckled, getting up as well before bidding Sang-yoon goodbye. Ryujin limped to the locker room, her legs close to giving out again due to the overuse.

She opened her locker, taking the muscle tape she packed out of her bag and quickly applying some to her legs. She sat on the bench, cutting up the muscle tape into appropriate lengths to lessen the pain. She looked up from applying her tape when she heard the door open, making brief eye contact with Hyomin.

Just like Ryujin, the girl was breathing heavily as her hair stuck to her neck due to the sweat. Ryujin offered her a small polite smile before going back to applying her muscle tape, not missing the small scoff that escaped Hyomin's lips.

Once Ryujin was ready to leave, she bid goodbye to her coach and got her things, scanning her id card on the way out of the training centre and began the short walk home.

Ryujin's body was on fire.

Not because of a raging fever, but because of how tired it was. Just walking home felt like a huge task that she'd never complete. Her legs felt like lead, and she was fully convinced she'd collapse.

She willed through it, managing to get into the apartment. She dropped her bags as she walked toward the living room, her eyes set on the sofa. She fell onto the sofa, her eyes closing involuntarily and she fell unconscious.