Chapter 009

"So, you're telling me," Chaeryeong clears her throat after swallowing one of the cookies before grabbing another one from the box

"So, you're telling me," Chaeryeong clears her throat after swallowing one of the cookies before grabbing another one from the box. "That he gave you all of this for helping him clean the place up?"

Ryujin couldn't help the smile growing on her lips before she lowered her head to hide the blush. Chaeryeong cooed as she nudged her, teasing her for her obvious crush on the guy.

"But he's right, you shouldn't do things that put your body in a more uncomfortable state. Is your shoulder doing better?" Chaeryeong asked as she looked at the post-it note again, glancing at Ryujin when she massaged her shoulder as she thought of a response.

"It's doing better. Still needs quite a lot of muscle tape. Talking about muscle tape, I need to go buy some more," Ryujin sighed tiredly, letting her eyes shut for a second as she let exhaustion wash over her entire body.

"I should leave now, you look exhausted. I have an assignment to complete anyway," Chaeryeong hummed, taking note of the fatigue in her features before getting up to go back to her apartment.

"Alright, by the way In-ho hasn't acted up again, has he?" Ryujin got up as well to accompany Chaeryeong to the door. She chuckled wearily, looking over to give a sheepish smile to Ryujin who gave her a pointed look.

"I really don't want to see that guy anymore. It's so annoying I can't do anything about it," Ryujin sighs roughly, running a hand through her hair. Chaeryeong smiled weakly, muttering an apology. Ryujin glanced at Chaeryeong, giving her an empathetic look.

"Wait here," Ryujin hummed softly as she walked back into the house, grabbing a container before putting a handful of the treats Beomgyu had given her into it. She rushed toward the front door, passing it to Chaeryeong with a light smile.

"In case your assignment drags," Ryujin grinned seeing the touched look on Chaeryeong's face. Chaeryeong generously embraced her, thanking her before she disappeared into her apartment which was right next to Ryujin's.

Ryujin closed the front door before dragging her feet to her bedroom. She fell onto the bed, way too tired to get up again to wash back. Her eyes fluttered close as she felt the aching pain in her arms and legs, Coach Yang really wasn't lying about it being vigorous today.

Ryujin stretched her shoulder, testing how painful it was. Seeing as there wasn't a searing pain when she rolled it backwards, she decided it was not worth it to see the doctor that the team had. She laid back down, getting comfortable under the covers before she let her eyes close.

Every day, the same routine.

Ryujin rubbed her tired eyes, her body more sore than yesterday due to the lack of sleep. She dragged herself to the bathroom with the last ounce of energy she had, determined to get ready for the day.

The cold pellets of water from the shower head hit her bare back, and she grit her teeth at the sheer power of a single drop of water. Her tattoo glistened under the fluorescent lights of the bathroom as she washed up.