Chapter 017

"Beomgyu, do you think we should bring back the warm brownies? The weather's getting colder, and it was well-received by our customers

"Beomgyu, do you think we should bring back the warm brownies? The weather's getting colder, and it was well-received by our customers." Eunbi hums as she pushes open the kitchen door, wiping her hands on her apron.

"Come here, we need to start planning for the month of December and figure out the schedule." Mark calls his fiancee over, patting the seat next to him. She sighs, taking off her apron before sliding in the seat next to him.

"I think we can just copy over the November shifts since none of the part-timers mentioned anything about having to take some time off. The cafe's also going to be closed over the Christmas weekend, so we all can spend some time with our families," Beomgyu hums as he runs a hand through his hair, his eyes reading through the schedule that he planned out.

"We need to stock up on some of the ingredients, and the manufacturer said they'll be able to send over the boxes and paper bags this weekend. I've calculated all the expenses, and I think we'll be able to give a raise to the workers. I think that would be nice for a Christmas present," Mark adds, turning his computer around to face the other two.

"We should plan an event for Christmas. Remember when we opened that baking class for couples during Valentine's? Maybe we should do something similar so we can bring in more money. I was thinking we could bring in kids this time and teach them how to make Christmas cookies," Eunbi takes out her phone, going through her notes to show them what she planned.

"That sounds nice. We should ask the other part-timers tomorrow if anyone wants to volunteer to teach, but of course, Eunbi will be the demonstrator. And, Mark, you said we can give them a raise right? Is it possible if we can give extra to those who volunteer?" Beomgyu asks as he leans forward, resting his arms on the table.

Conversations like these between the trio took place monthly, where they shared about what they were in charge of, and present ideas to make more money and attract more people. It also gave them a chance to learn how to grow their cafe, and what brought in more customers and what didn't.

The meeting carried on for another hour before they decided to call it a day and pack up. Eunbi ended up having to rush somewhere, and after promising Mark she'd see him at home, it was just the two guys.

"The CSAT ended a few days ago, right? What's Yun-Jae up to nowadays?" Mark initiates a small conversation with the younger, who is still stretching from having sat down for so long. Beomgyu chuckles, shaking his head.

"She's been hanging out with some friends. Pretty sure she's been meeting up with this boy too," Beomgyu stands up, walking to the counter to pack up the leftover treats they didn't manage to sell.

"Wow, how are you so chill? I remember you came into work one day so mad because you caught Yun-Jae talking to a guy on a phone," Mark chuckles from where he is, wiping the tables down.

"Well, she's turned 18. She's an adult now, so I can't really do anything about it anymore. And I've seen the boy, he seems like a nice kid. Just hope Yun-Jae is careful, you know?" Beomgyu hums, putting the two paper bags filled with leftover treats on the table. One for him, and another for the couple.