Chapter 022

"Morning," Sang-yoon greets mid-yawn, opening her locker which was right next to Ryujin's

"Morning," Sang-yoon greets mid-yawn, opening her locker which was right next to Ryujin's. Ryujin returns the greeting through a hum, too tired to form words.

"Your shoulder is hurting again?" Sang-yoon sighs as she looks over at the elder, who had winced before massaging her shoulder after closing her locker. Ryujin assures her it was just a muscle ache, which would go away soon.

"My mother sent over so much chicken essence. I'll bring some over for you tomorrow," Sang-yoon smiles, refusing to let Ryujin protest the matter as she walks away. Ryujin shakes her head before she hears a small laugh on her side.

"Didn't mean to eavesdrop," Ji-won apologises meekly, intimidated by her senior. Ryujin flashes a warm smile, assuring her there was no harm done. They held a short conversation, their official training period only starting in half an hour.

Both girls flinch in surprise hearing the locker door slam open. Ryujin watches warily as Hyomin walks toward her locker, supposedly in a bad mood. Ji-won shakes her head as Hyomin keeps on muttering and huffing by herself.

"I'm going to go warm up. Are you coming?" Ji-won asked the elder, not wanting to be caught up in the middle of another one of Hyomin's fits. Ryujin tells the younger to go ahead first, glancing over at Hyomin.

"Hey, you okay?..." Ryujin asks carefully as she approaches the girl. Hyomin passes her a glare before she goes back to unpacking her training bag.

"Why do you care," Hyomin mutters, a bite in her words. Ryujin bites back her words, pursing her lips at the rudeness of the girl.

"We used to be friends. Of course I still care," Ryujin muttered, and she locks eyes with Hyomin when she spins around abruptly. Hyomin's eyes narrow, and Ryujin's once concerned expression turns neutral seeing that Hyomin is near trembling in rage.

"Are you trying to threaten me? I'm not scared of you Ryujin. You better fuck off." Hyomin says dangerously low, but it isn't enough to scare Ryujin off. Ryujin just cocks an eyebrow, and Hyomin lets out a short huff of exasperation, grabbing her things before stalking off.

Ryujin watches as the feisty girl slams the door behind her, Ryujin being left in the locker room by herself. She sits down on one of the benches, already exhausted despite the day not having even started yet.

"I made you some food. I thought it'd be nicer than hospital food." Ryujin hums shyly, brushing her bangs as she places the food container in front of Hyomin.

"Ryujin, you're forgetting I'm in the VIP ward." Hyomin chuckles teasingly. Embarrassed, Ryujin moves to grab the food container away, but Hyomin stops her hand before she can touch the food.

"Don't. I think I'd prefer a home-cooked meal over hospital food anytime, no matter the quality." Hyomin smiles endearingly, and Ryujin pulls her hand away. Her heart filled with warmth seeing her friend enjoy the food, despite all the machines that surrounded her and the tubes stuck to her body.