Chapter 37

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

Let me photograph you in this light
In case it is the last time

- When We Were Young by Adele

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"Her name is Adeline. Adeline Victoria Louise Marie Windsor. Born on May 13, 1984. Both she and Harry were premature infants because you were unconscious. With the lack of proper equipment, it was truly a miracle that the three of you survived."

Diana caressed Harry's hair as her little boy lay peacefully in her arms.

Three years.

As much as she tried to convince herself that it wasn't that much time, it was.

"Your labor was not a walk in the park either. The pregnancy itself was proven risky given your condition, so it wasn't a surprise really when you gave birth prematurely."

The mere thought of the possibility that she could have lost her babies without having any knowledge of it whatsoever was enough to make her stomach churn with unease and disquiet. The thought of not knowing what could've happened to them became a source of deep anxiety and distress for her.

"I'm guessing you kept me because you wanted my help," Diana said, her eyes watching over Leah, scanning her every move like a hawk— always on the lookout and ready to attack anytime if threatened. Her hands gripped the sheets tightly as if seeking comfort from the tension brewing inside her. She was lost in thought as she carefully weighed her words before speaking.

"You mentioned your sister was held captive, is that it?"

"Yes." Leah sighed. "After your first visit to Balmoral, Camilla approached me— befriended even. It wasn't long after that she then told me she had my sister. My sister was diagnosed with Down Syndrome, so it wasn't hard to bribe her into things. I didn't believe her until she handed me my sister's favorite doll with a picture of her tied up—"

Leah felt a lump forming in her throat. She struggled to hold back her tears, but a deep sob broke through her lips, betraying her efforts to stay composed. Her chest heaved, and she closed her eyes, taking deep breaths to try and regain control of herself.

"I couldn't phone anyone, I was merely a servant after all. So I was left with either following what she asked or my sister..." Leah couldn't finish her sentence, she didn't need to.

So that was it then.

After Leah's breakdown, Diana didn't need to hear any more explanation. It was evident that Leah needed Diana's help in finding her sister and that was the primary reason why, instead of handing her unconscious body to her family, Leah hid her.

If Camilla managed to fool everyone and have everyone— including the royal family— believe that she was dead, then it was clear she had enough influence and connections to commit such a devious crime as this.

Not overlooking the fact that Camilla basically abducted her daughter and claimed it as her own.

Leah was left to weigh her next move, and while Diana might condemn her choice of actions, she had no one to turn to.