Chapter 7

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"You said it again, my heart's in motion
Every word feels like a shooting star
I'm at the edge of my emotions
Watching the shadows burning in the dark

And I'm in love
And I'm terrified
For the first time
In the last time
In my only life"

- Terrified by Kathrine McPhee, Jason Reeves

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"Your Royal Highness, Lady Diana is here to see you."

Charles sat up in surprise. He was dumbfounded and found himself struggling to even budge. He was still dazed- high would be most appropriate- from his dreams. Charles can still feel her lips pressed on his. Her lips that is unparalleled to anyone else. It was just a dream and yet, he fears he might be ruined for anyone else.

"Your Royal Highness?" Another call followed by a light knock on the door caused him to jolt in surprise. It was Diana this time. Charles, still on his clothes the night before, leaped towards the door and almost stumbled on the process.

"Yes?" He exclaimed the moment he opened the door. It was Diana's turn to jerk when the double doors revealed a wide-eyed and still-disheveled Charles. His hair was going from different directions, clothes were still unsmoothed and unkempt. Diana felt her heart skip a beat, fluttering rapidly at the domestic sight presented in front of her.

Both of them didn't utter a word. All their capability to produce even a single coherent thought had evaporated through the air the moment his eyes landed on her blue ones.

Due to the limited space between both of them, Charles can perfectly see Diana's features. Her pale skin- porcelain, like a doll brought to life, something akin to milky quartz that is often associated with innocence and tranquility. Charles can almost spot a faint blush on her cheek. Her eyes, those gentle blue orbs that is as expressive as she was, glowing, as she stares back at him. If there's one thing that the Prince of Wales adores the most, it would be Diana's eyes. Her kissable lips- which he craves almost every day, at present is almost as pink as her flushed face. Charles had once wondered how can a woman be so perfect. Like a sculpture made by the Gods themselves.

Diana felt her words stuck in her throat. 'Say something, anything!' she muttered at the back of her mind. But found it hard to have the ability to even think, let alone speak.

For what felt like a thousand years later, Charles coughed in attempts to break the tension between the both of them. Given that he just woke up from a fever dream, if they carry on to look fixedly at each other, he might just defy his ethics and kiss her then and there.

Diana felt a flush creeping across her cheeks, her ears turning red in embarrassment from getting caught visibly staring. She might've had the same thoughts as him.

"Oh, uhm. I sincerely apologize for disrupting your sleep, Your Royal Highness. I just want to express my thanks for taking care of me last night and I feared I might miss the opportunity if I don't-" she was rambling, Diana mentally facepalmed. Charles saw her closing her eyes, most definitely composing herself, before taking a deep breath.

"How are you feeling?" Diana visibility blinked her eyes at his question. Her mouth gaping like a fish.

"F-fine... I'm alright. Thank you, Your Royal Highness."

Silence.

"Would you like to join me later? I plan to walk my horse after training." Charles suddenly uttered, taking both of them aback. Diana never liked riding horses, never liked anything that required riding at all! In the past, Charles never questioned why his wife never liked riding and just assumed that she was being ignorant. Now, it was his turn to mentally facepalm.