Chapter 22

Author's Notes:

Before anything else, I would like to warn everyone that this chapter and the next will include explicit scenes. If you are not comfortable in any way, stop reading and wait for the next chapters.

Disclaimer

This work of fiction includes characters may be inspired by real-life individuals. However, all the characters used are a product of the author's imagination and are not, in a way, associated with the names involved. The events, dialogues, and situations are entirely fictionalized for creative purposes. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or real-life events is coincidental. This work is a product of imagination and should be construed as such.

‼️Explicit Chapter Ahead‼️

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"Eye to eye, we need no words at all
Slowly now we begin to move
Every breath I'm deeper into you
Soon we two are standing still in time
If you read my mind, you'll see

I'm crazy for you
Touch me once and you'll know it's true
I never wanted anyone like this
It's all brand new
You'll feel it in my kiss
Because I'm crazy for you"

-Crazy for you by Madonna

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

The crowd cheered in congratulations as the newlywed sauntered towards the carriage. Diana waves at them with her right hand, her left being wrapped around Charles' arms. Gone was the heavy bridal gown she wore earlier, Diana was now flaunting her beautiful peach suit with a white frill collar and a matching hat, designed with both short and long sleeves.

Being wed doesn't get easier the second time around, Diana realizes. Much more to the same man— the man being the heir to the British throne. Diana nursed a headache in silence, the breakfast banquet was bearable at least. It was certainly better than before. She's been standing on her heels for hours, she is tired and wants nothing but to lay in bed and take a quick nap, if given a chance.

"How are you faring, my love?" the sudden question made Diana turn her head towards her husband.

Her husband. Charles.

It dawned upon her that this wasn't just a mere fantasy fabricated by her hopeless subconscious. That she was indeed being wed to the love of her life for the second time, except this time, it wasn't unrequited.

"I'm fine. A bit tired— is all. Nothing I can't manage." she reassures him with a bright smile. Charles doesn't buy her act but lets it off anyway.

They both mounted the carriage, Charles assisting his wife, then they were off for their honeymoon. The crowd cheered once more upon seeing a "Just Married" sign at the back of their carriage.

Charles was worried, fearing the attention might overwhelm her. Maybe it did, but she managed it quite admirably. Then it came to mind that this wasn't the same Diana he had married in the past. This Diana could withstand any storm thrown at her and still manage with a smile.

She is a warrior of her own, resilient at best. She is confident in her abilities, but her thirst to learn more is something he will never get tired of. Someone who isn't afraid to show her authentic self, a woman who follows her heart.