Chapter 15

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is "La vie en rose"
When you kiss me, heaven sighs
And though I close my eyes
I see "La vie en rose"

- La vie en Rose

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

Diana and Charles didn't know how they got themselves into this situation. Just a minute ago, they both were in the presence of other people. Now, they're alone. In a darkly lit room, nonetheless. How they managed to even find one is a question indeed. But none of that matters now as Diana felt a pull in her stomach at the thought of sharing such an intimate sensation with Charles. They've been through this before, this feeling, this heat.

And yet, it feels different— new and definitely not unwelcomed.

Closing her eyes, Diana basked in the familiar scent that was all around her. Taking a deep breath, she could feel her body temperature rise.

Her breath got caught in her throat and she pulled him upwards from the collar of his shirt. Lips brushed, touched, and finally melted into each other.

Charles felt Diana clutch his lower back, welcoming his tongue, sliding it against his own and curling against the back of his teeth.

Charles fell into her warmth; he didn't ever want to get up. Diana moaned into his mouth softly as he consumed her, indulging himself in the wetness of her mouth. Charles separated from Diana painfully slow, caressing her cheeks like it was the most fragile thing he had ever touched.

The hands that were gently stroking her cheek go down her throat, following the flow of blood at its ever-increasing pace. Her heart was pounding in sync with the rest of her body as a sudden urgency for more was invading her, making her dizzy with want.

His eyes were screaming with want, her gaze reciprocated his desire.

They can't. They shouldn't.

Still, Diana yearned for his touch. His delicate lips on hers, binding, entwining their souls together in forming an unbreakable bond.

She stopped herself from opening her eyes, by fear of the warm sensation fading away.

"Charles..." Diana found herself whining, couldn't even imagine how desperate she sounded.

Stop.

They need to stop.

Diana felt like she could combust at any moment, feeling a warm hand exploring her body like he hadn't before. An urgent need to touch him took over, but she realized her arms were trapped under a powerful grip. That, and the weight on top of her, completely immobilized her.

Frustrated, Diana gave up and just then, she felt the tickling of short hair on her neck as soft lips caressed her collarbones. Still unable to move, Diana arched her neck trying desperately to get closer.

Charles, aware of her needs, traveled his tongue lightly along her neck, his hands going further down to her still-clothed breast. Diana tried, in vain, to move seeking more contact but had to suppress a pathetic moan instead.

"W-we shouldn't... Oh, Charles..." Diana moaned and pushed her hips back against his, aching to relieve the pressure in her core.

Diana whimpered as Charles pulled his lips away for a moment, just to reorient himself to the situation they were in. Charles brought both hands up to frame Diana's face, and although her heart raced with nerves, she tried to gaze into Charles' eyes.