Chapter 34

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

She kissed my lips, I taste your mouth
She pulled me in, I was disgusted with myself
'Cause when I'm with her
I am thinking of you

- Thinking of you by Katy Perry

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

DAILY NEWS

Princess Diana's remains were brought back to Althorp, following her cremation. The historic estate that had been her childhood home would now serve as her final resting place. Her remains were laid to rest in a peaceful and serene location amidst the beautiful English countryside, a place where she would be surrounded by the love and memories of those who had cherished her most.

The decision to lay Princess Diana to rest at Althorp was made at the request of her husband, Prince Charles, and Princess Diana's siblings.

As the sun went down over the hills of Althorp, Princess Diana finally found peace. Her spirit is free
and at home. Although she left this world too quickly, her memory would live on in the hearts of everyone who was touched by her kindness, love, and determination.

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

September 23, 1983

The days that followed were filled with utter silence, not because the members of the family refused to speak of it, but because the pain and sorrow that accompanied the loss were too overwhelming to bear.

The sudden and unexpected loss had hit them hard, leaving them in a state of shock and disbelief. The royal family was struggling to come to terms with the certainty of the situation, and each member was processing the grief in their own way.

The loss of Diana was felt deeply by Princess Margaret, who mourned not only the passing of a family member but also the loss of a dear friend she grew fond of over the years.

However, this was not always the case. Initially, Princess Margaret was wary of Diana as she appeared to be someone who didn't heed the strict protocols and traditions of the royal family. This was evident during Diana's first visit to Balmoral, where Margaret saw how she and Prince Charles broke the rules by flirting shamelessly in the hallways of their home.

"She would do no good for us," she had thought.

Yet, her assumptions were proven wrong when the young girl she thought would bring mischief to the royal family grew as an individual who followed the protocols ardently. Despite her wariness, Princess Margaret eventually grew fond of Diana and appreciated her dedication and loyalty to the crown.

Prince Philip who had thought of her as his own daughter was also found staring blankly at the four walls of his room— unmoving. Despite the efforts to engage him in conversation, he remained motionless and unresponsive. This sudden change in behavior was quite alarming and left those around him deeply concerned about his well-being.

The Queen who was torn whether to act as the Queen or as a mother who had lost her child was also found having a hard time coping with Diana's death. She was often found buried in piles of paperwork, perhaps as a coping mechanism to distract her from the pain and grief that she was experiencing.