THIRTY-THREE

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

The entire race Mark has been on my ass bumping my car, I knew he a cheat, so it wasn't a surprise when he kept forcing me to the outside in attempt for me to hit something, and bumped the side of my car in attempt to push me off the road.

Mark raced dirty, but I was prepared for it.

...

The adrenaline surged through my veins as I raced down the street, my hands gripping the steering wheel with white-knuckled intensity.

I could feel the raw power of the engine beneath me, propelling me forward with every rev of the throttle.

The cheers of the crowd faded into the background as I zeroed in on the finish line, my determination driving me forward with a single-minded purpose.

With a burst of speed, I surged ahead of Mark, the rush of victory flooding through me as I crossed the finish line in a blur of motion.

The crowd erupted into cheers, their voices blending together in a cacophony of sound as I skidded to a stop, my heart pounding with triumph.

As I stepped out of the car, a wave of exhilaration washed over me, the sense of accomplishment filling me with an indescribable sense of pride.

I won.

The crowd of people surrounded me, cheering and congratulated me.

... Then all of a sudden I felt a sting on my cheek.

Someone had just slapped me across the face.

I turned my face to look at who just struck my face...

My sister.

My eyes widened in disbelief, but before being able to fully process she flung herself at me and wrapped her arms around my torso, burying herself in my chest.

What the hell is Denver doing here ? I asked myself.

As I posed myself this question Theo emerged from the crowd behind Denver, and I automatically knew he was the reason behind Denver's presence.

My jaw ticked 'I'm going to kill him'

As though Theo could sense what I was thinking he spoke "racing Mark was a bad idea Chance, I knew you wouldn't listen to me so I got your sister in hopes we would make it in time and when we got here the race had already started. I'm sorry man but I watched over her the whole time" he said with a stern voice.

Denver pulled away from the hug sniffling. I kissed her forehead, hating that my baby sister was crying because of me.

"Don't you dare be mad at him Chance. He did that right thing coming to me. You should of told me. You promised you were done with this shit."