TWELVE

(I usually add trigger warnings before scenes that contain mature content or sensitive topics that may be triggering to some readers; However I give this entire chapter a TW)

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

*5 years ago
Chance was 16, and Denver was 13:

The sound of someone screaming woke me up.

'What the hell?'

Someone screamed again, louder this time. 'Denny!'

I panicked, jumped out of bed and ran towards the screaming. My heart ached worrying about what could possibly be going on. Denver is the only person I love and if anything were to happen to her I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

"Where is he?!" A deep voice spoke, in the background I could hear glass being thrown and shattering.

I got to my sister's room which was closest to the staircase that led to the front door. Four older men dressed in black suits and sunglasses stood above my sister. One of them had pulled her collar towards him and forced her chin up to look at him. Denver's knees were hovering off the floor and her eyes were puffy and red from all the crying.

My blood was boiling, I quickly ran towards the man holding Denny and tackled him to the ground.
My right fist made contact with his face as I pinned him to the ground. I had no control over my actions, my fist kept colliding with the man's face, causing his sunglasses to break and his face to bruise.

The other men pulled me back, but not before I left the body unconscious on the floor.

"Don't you ever fucking touch her!" I shouted to the body on the ground. I knew very well that he was unconscious but I didn't care, he touched my sister so he was gonna pay.

"You must be Chance" The man behind me stated.
I took my eyes away from the man on the floor and towards the men who were pulling me back.

Before I had the chance to respond he spoke again, "Take him"