FIFTEEN

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

I never had an alcohol problem, but I did have a drug problem.

For my addiction, I went to rehab, had a sponsor, and attended AA meetings.
Long story short it was a long recovery process.

I do take prescribed medication. I get enough pills to last me till my next appointment with my therapist. Every week, I see Dr. Brown twice, and each time I do, she gives me 3-4 days' worth of my prescriptions.
Even if I wanted to, I couldn't get high off of them because I never have enough pills at once.

Because of the combination of pills I'm taking if I were to skip a day my body goes into an almost instant withdrawal. My doctors purposely did it this way to insure that I wasn't skipping prescriptions, (as i've done in the past).

I've been drinking a lot lately to try and avoid taking something stronger.
It's been almost three weekends since Halloween. It gave me an excuse to drink some more, which was convenient because I didn't want anybody interrogating me about how much I was drinking.
I've continued to attend my lessons, therapy, and visits to my physio/doctor despite the fact that they are unaware of my drinking and I have no intention of telling them. If I do, they'll have to notify my parents, and I'll be forced to wear an ankle monitor that detects drug use. Again.
--

Tonight I'm going out with Nate and his friends. We've been hanging out a lot lately. I feel like Nate's been a little more distant towards me in class than he is outside of class, but maybe it's just all in my head.
They've become my party friends, we go out almost every night. I try to black out before someone pulls out a joint, so that I can avoid temptation. I mean, when I'm passed out on the floor, I can't smoke. So I guess so far so good.

My phone pings, snapping me out of my train of thought:

Nate:
Be there in 5
Fucking David forgot his phone.

David is one of Nate's friends I've been hanging with.
--

When I walk into the hall, I'm met by laughter from the living room.
I make my way over to see what's going on.