THIRTY-ONE

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

"Jul," I called out as I emerged from my car, stepping into the pulsating chaos of the night. Despite the darkness, the place was alive, vibrant with energy.

Half-naked girls gyrated to the beat, the thumping music reverberating through the air, mingling with the roars of revving engines.

The scent of alcohol and drugs hung heavy, a potent cocktail that fueled the wild atmosphere.

With Theo trailing behind me, I navigated through the throng, my eyes scanning the crowd for Jul, a familiar face in this tumultuous world of street racing.

The neon glow cast eerie shadows, illuminating the scene with an otherworldly allure.

As we approached the gathering of racers, scantily clad women adorned the surroundings, their seductive gazes trailing over us like a tangible caress.

My gaze never once lingered on the women here, I had absolutely no interest in them, or the way they were looking at me.

Normally, I would have welcomed the attention, relished in the hedonistic pleasures of the night. But tonight was different, I had no interest in any women other than Lydia. If fucked with my head but it was the truth.

"Hey, Jul," I called out once more as I finally spotted him, leaning against his car with an air of nonchalance, two women hanging off him like ornaments.

Jul was one of the guys I met back when I was racing, he himself has worked along side Dakota, difference between him and I is that he wouldn't leave this environment if he was forced too, I on the other hand had to claw my way to get out of it.

Jul turned towards me, a smirk playing on his lips as he recognized Theo and me. "Chance," he greeted with a grin, the arrogance in his tone palpable. "What brings you here, man?"

"Dakota needed a replacement," I replied, my voice tinged with resignation. The mention of Dakota was enough to sour my mood, a constant reminder of the debts I owed and the dangers I faced.

Jul's eyebrows rose in curiosity. "And he chose you," he remarked, his tone laced with amusement. I nodded in confirmation, a silent acknowledgment of the precarious position I found myself in.

But before the conversation could delve any deeper, Theo, ever the blunt instrument, interjected with unnecessary honesty. "Chance has a crush, and Dakota found out," he blurted out, earning a scowl from me.

Jul's smirk widened into a grin as he processed Theo's words, his amusement evident. "Ah, I see," he mused, the gleam in his eyes bordering on mischief. "So you're doing this for her."

I bristled at the insinuation, my jaw tightening with frustration. "No," I retorted sharply, refusing to entertain the notion.

Jul chuckled, his laughter grating on my nerves like sandpaper. "My man," he quipped, his words dripping with sarcasm. "She must have one hell of pussy."