TWO

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

I finally boarded the plane 20 minutes later.
I fell asleep as soon as I sat in my seat. The flight was nearly 6 hours long, and I slept the entire time, much to my surprise.

I was awakened by the vibration of the plane and its wheels touching down on the runway.
I was out of the plane 45 minutes later, with all of my luggage. Along with my carry-on and backpack, I packed three large baby pink suitcases.

Back home in Pennsylvania, I had already gone back to school shopping for both clothing and school supplies, so one of those big baby pink suitcases was filled with all my books and everything else I needed for school.

I'm still unsure about my major, so I'm taking some general courses to see where my interests lie.

I exited the airport, looking for my uber. I approached a tall man who was holding a piece of paper with my name on it.

He placed all my belongings in the trunk. (I was surprised it all fit). I sat in the back seat and buckled my seat belt, 'Click'.

Once we started moving, I sent my Mom a quick text saying I had landed safely, and that I would call her the moment I got myself settled into my dorm room.

It was a 30 minute drive to Berkeley University. California had a lot more people than I expected, there was some traffic on the way but it wasn't too bad.

I really enjoyed the view. It's more vibrant here than in Pennsylvania. A Lot more to see and do, plus it gives off some beach vibes, which I guess makes sense since we're closer to the beach here than we are in my hometown.

After 30 minutes passed I could see the building of my new school in the distance.

My uber driver pulled up to the dorm rooms, section C, where my dorm room was located.

I'm in room 315

I thanked the driver for the ride and he helped me carry my luggage to my room. I told him he didn't have to but he insisted on doing so.

I thanked him once again, before handing him the money for the ride, I made sure to give him a generous tip for all his kindness.He smiled at me as I waved him goodbye.

"Shit" I huffed under my breath.

I don't have a room key.

I knocked on the cold, wooden door hoping my roommates were inside, not wanting to leave my bags alone to go to administration and get a key.

As soon as I was about to walk off and leave all my belongings out for strangers to take, the heavy door opened, making a screeching noise.

The door was opened by a pretty brunette with bright blue eyes.
Her hair fell just below her breasts, and her skin was pale. She, like me, had two nose piercings, but instead of two gold hoops in the left nostril (I usually only wear gold jewelry because it looks better with my slightly tanned skin tone), she had a silver septum piercing and a silver hoop piercing in her right nostril.
Her sparkling silver studs, which ran from her earlobe to her cartilage on both ears, were also visible. (Each ear had about 7 studs.)
She had the most beautiful, long eyelashes.