TWENTY-NINE

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

I watched Chance's muscular body walk out my bedroom, honestly quite surprised his large frame could fit through the doorway.

Just as Chance was about to close my bedroom door, he looked over his shoulder and gave me one of his cheeky smirks.

Butterflies erupted inside of me, and a content smile formed on my swollen lips.

When the door finally shut I let out an embarrassing squeal, hiding my face in my pillow trying to muffle the sound.

'Oh god I hope he didn't hear that'

Despite the embarrassment, hoping Chance did hear my girly self squeal, I couldn't help but keep smiling; and let me tell you it felt good to smile and feel happy, I mean really happy-

Just as soon as the thought crept into my mind, I pushed it back down. 'No, your happiness will not be determined by a guy who probably only uses girls for a quick fuck' I told myself.

But then that thought crept its way into my mind. Did Chance just use me like he did every other girl?

I shook my head, 'No'. - then, my phone pinged, alerting me that someone texted.

I reached over to my bedside table, grabbing my phone, and checking the new message:

Chance:

Get some sleep, gorgeous. I'll text you later

My heart warmed at his nickname for me, I guess he really did mean what he told me last night.

... Before letting myself drift baco off to sleep, I slipped on a fresh pair of black underwear and a purple oversized hoodie, letting myself get warm, since I didn't have a certain someone's body heat anymore.

I was woken up by the sound of someone's soft voice whispering in my ears.

"Lydia" They said..

My eyes shot open, and I quickly turned my head, in order to get a better look at the person so close to my face that I could feel their hot breath just below my ear lobe.

When looking up at the person, I saw Emma standing beside my bed.

"What the hell Emma" I whisper yelled, "you scared me shitess"

Emma shrugged her shoulders, expressing that she didn't care, and stood up to her full height.

I took in Emma's full appearance; She was wearing the same clothes she was wearing yesterday when we went over to the boys house, she must've just gotten back from there-

"Denver!" Another cheeky voice shouted.

From behind Emma, Denny appeared from the corridor and quickly ran over to me.