Review by Yuri: Silent Scream 📗

Book - Silent Scream
Author - taekookiecookie
Reviewer - IAmGayShipper

Book Title: 4/5

The title seems catchy though not entirely unique, Nevertheless it is relevant to the blurb and the story, I liked the accuracy of the title to catch the reader's interest (mostly readers who love angst).

Book Cover: 5/5

Totally in love with the cover, the font style, the colour and its contrast was also the background in a nutshell it was eye-catching, the creativity of the author was in its peak as they put the characters together in one frame, moreover not making it look weird while doing so and it also propels the readers to want to read it more as the title and cover together make it look like angsty while maintaining a level of aesthetics.

Summary: 4/5

The summary compels the readers to wanting to read more and it is intriguing but it doesn't relate to the story much, it would be more effective to the relevance of the plot with the blurb if the author write that Taehyung decides to provide justice to Jungkook or something in its regard, instead of writing to find the culprit.

Considering the fact that he did managed to find them in a few days, the main challenge was to provide his husband justice, and I also didn't understand why the author would write 'secrets unravel'.

I don't find any heart wrecking secrets being revealed in the story about Jungkook or anyone else, moreover the part where the old man told the jury that the culprits had asked him where Jungkook works and all.

It leaves a lot to wonder; like why did he asked for Jungkook? Did they know him from his past? And the author didn't reveal that so it really makes me wonder just what was the secret that was about to be revealed as per the author in the blurb of the story.

Grammar/Punctuation: 3.5/5

There were hardly any grammatical errors in the story though the punctuation can be improved, the author shouldn't leave space between semicolon and the dialogues, and there were many unnecessary commas in between sentences and dialogues, many times the paragraph broke into segments, I am assuming it is just a glitch in the app though it can be improved by a bit of editing.

But I would like to make myself clear that these mistakes doesn't irk me and readers alike and it doesn't disrupt the flow of the story and its hook either. The dialogues seem strained as if they are talking to their business partners and not their relatives and loved ones, the repeated use of 'my dear and solace' didn't help either.

Character building (3/5)

The character building was good but in my opinion it can do better; the author should have shown some glimpses where Taehyung would feel a spark between him and Jungkook and vice versa but they didn't.

Suddenly an accident occurred and Taehyung's character took a 180 degree turn, though it was expected for him to act that way with a victim it doesn't explain why he fell in love with him, the author should have provided glimpses where he and Jungkook were about to fall in love but because of Taehyung's or Jungkook's arrogance or ignorance they didn't.

I felt the love was somehow forced, from both perspective, looking at it from a psychological and sociological point of view, Taehyung felt guilty for not being able to protect his husband (just like he wasn't able to protect his aunt) the guilty made him prone to accept his love (non-existent) for Jungkook and in the case of Jungkook he always felt the need to be loved by someone and being accepted by Taehyung he accepted his proposal, in my opinion, both were bound by some force; Taehyung with guilt while Jungkook with the need to be loved.

But I am not here to brew my own new perspective of the story, I just felt like it needs a bit of improvement, the author should include a chapter where they are shown to be in love (unknown to both of them) and it should be before the accident.

Writing Style: 5/5

The writing style of the author is new to me, it shows a sense of professionalism when I read it, the description of the author with a tint of professionalism makes it easier to read it with a flow and the story progresses smoothly and the description provides a vivid imagination to the reader making them feel like the scene is happening in front of them.

Plot Originality: 4.5/5

The plot is not quite unique in the sense of it but the way the author portrayed the story and their writing style makes the reader be in a state like never before, making them prone to come for more.

Reader's Engagement: 5/5

The story in itself was hooking and the author's way of writing just added more to the reader's engagement, I could feel myself emphasising with Jungkook (the main character) and sometimes with Taehyung too, The storys' plot and its ending kept the reader's attention and they fell in love with the characters, it can be seen by the readers comments on throughout the story.

Total: 34/40

[*NOTE TO THE AUTHOR* - I totally loved your professionalism when it comes to the narrative but in case of dialogues I would suggest you to refrain yourself from being professional, as in many cases the characters are prone to say some hurtful words and they don't think twice before they speak, maintaining a level of professionalism is alright but in case of dialogue make it seem natural, like how we speak normally to our relatives and loved ones.]

Focus Points -

The blurb of the story.

The dialogues.

Clarity in the plot.

The character development.

Keep achieving great heights!