Review by Mahi: Of Ivory and Pachyderma📗

Reviewer: Mahi (sparklet11)

Requester: Of Ivory and Pachyderma by ONE_H_

Title: 5/5

The title sounds quite complex and compelling. Usually anything that begins with 'of' adds curiosity to the reader. So it's a good title to begin with. Also, it reveals how rich in vocabulary the book would be.

Cover: 3/5

Not a fan of the cover. It isn't as muchinteresting as your title so it kinda overshadows it.

Summary: 4/5

I love the simplicity the blurb exhibits. Sweet and short, I am glad with the way the crisis of Harida has been delivered. Even though there's a lot to comprehend — from her tuition protest to nanny job, the simplicity invites the reader to embark your book.

Grammar & Punctuation: 4.5/5

Perfection at it's peak! Your work makes me impressed in regards with the grammatical aspect. It is perfectly laid and with rich use of words, we are able to vividly comprehend each and every scene.

Some places had a double usage of quotations. It's purely a careless mistake, but I would advise you to recheck your chapter before publishing them to avoid minute errors so that your story isn't overshadowed by them.

Character Building: 5/5

All characters are very precisely described and I love that aspect of your story.

Your words enhance your world building. I love Harida's natural personality and it greatly awes me by the fact that I am able attach with her perfectly and even connect to her feelings.

The other characters from the lovely friend Praise to the reason for the nanny job Adele, everybody has been neatly presented. I liked the way your story transcends when it comes to characterization. Even the descriptions of a happy family were so vivid and lively.

I really appreciate the natural element you have incorporated in all your characters that makes them patently connectable and easily visualised.

Writing Style: 5/5

This is what distinguishes you as an accomplished author. Your writing style is simple impressive and awesome. The use of rich vocabulary is something to be greatly complimented. It would be a great mistake on my side if I missed this highlighting component of your story — the beginning of every chapter.

Apart from the nice chapter titles, I really find it cool and creative to begin each chapter with quotes from books and articles. It was simply a wow-moment when I read through those informative quotes. Kudos to your creativity and I can see there's no barrier to your imagination.

Plot Originality: 5/5

I haven't come across stories that begin with a tuition fee protest. It is totally unique and original to the core. And it's originality makes it stand alone and recognized. Good job with the plot!

Reader Engagement: 5/5

Thoroughly engaged! For someone who's more into action and thriller, I was awed how this slow-yet-powerful mystery kept me to continue to reading. Great job with that.

Comments:

Focus points:

- Cover

- Trivial grammatical mistakes

- Happy writing! 😊😊

Overall Score: 36.5/40