Review by Mahi: Farryn📗

Reviewer: Mahi (sparklet11)

Requester: Farryn by HaldinglyZ

Title: 3.5/5

A very simple title that reflects the name of the protagonist. Such stories display the emphasis the protagonist has on the story and how it revolves around them. However, such titles may appear very bland to the readers who come across it for the first time.

Cover: 4.5/5

It's a good cover. It gives the aura of mystery, with the woman being turned back and emits the radiations of a slow- thriller. The aesthetics quite match the title, so great job on that!

Blurb: 3.5/5

The blurb of this story felt a bit bleak and vague. The aspect I am talking about is that the main crisis is not highlighted clearly. Though I understand that this book entirely revolves around Farryn, mentioning at least one more supporting character would make the blurb look less bland. Talking about it's length, it's a perfect number of lines neatly constituted to give the teaser of the book.

Grammar and Punctuation: 3.5/5

There isn't any visible grammatical errors to point out immediately. As I read through the chapters, I noticed a change in the tenses used. For eg: the phrase 'was opened' is not technically right in the beginning chapter. I would advise you to keep tab on the tenses used and strive more to maintain a single one, though I am aware it is a strenuous task.

No punctuation error noticed, except for wrong capitalization. I felt the word 'Mistress' capitalized out of nowhere. Similarly, green tea's G and maid's M are not supposed to be capitalized. These are the some of the slight capitalization errors I noticed and I advise you to check those before publishing.

Character Building: 5/5

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to witness such smoothness in character building! Farryn's thoughts and emotions are expressed with such ease and subtlety. Such aspects help us in piecing the beautiful portrait of our main lead. You are great in this field. The tricky mindset of the female lead is meticulously depicted. The way she fools others around her with her posh looks and how she uses nobility for her personal vengeance... these are some things to look upon and learn from you!

Writing style: 4.5/5

Your way of storytelling is something quite unique for a book. It is very subtle in terms of the events occurring and a bit slow in terms of the pace used. As each scene surpasses the next, the intensity rises slowly.

This is a wow factor of your story. I like how it is a slow yet intriguing mystery experience and I am sure a lot of readers would love that. Even though your descriptions are comparitively shorter, it still doesn't fail in giving the actual setting of the scene and that is something that makes me curious and learn that technique from you. A rich use of the vocabulary enhances the reading experience and also adds more merits to your plot.

If there weren't any technical errors, I believe that your book would stand out. I suggest that you could try rephrasing one or more sentences and set the tone of the story adhering to a single tense.

Plot Originality: 4.5/5

The victim killing his/her abuser is not something unique to the world of books. But how the female lead subtly escapes and continues with her plan does add some originality to the regular cliche. Good job with your intriguing plot!

Readers Engagement: 4/5

Following the plot, there is a good reader's engagement as we are all curious what Farryn is upto and will she be held accountable for her secret murder. Try reducing the paragraphs a bit more shorter to attract the attention of the readers.

Total points: 33/40

Focus points -

- Title

- Blurb

- Grammar and Punctuation

- All the best and wish you success!