Review by Mahi: Tears of Love📗

Reviewer : Mahi(sparklet11) 

Requester: Tears of love by Sybel-Monroe

Title : 4.5/5

The title 'Tears of Love' proposes an emotional romantic story. This fits with your plot and storyline and makes it easier to attract readers who love stories involving heart-breaks.

Cover : 5/5

The cover is incredible! The vibrant colours, the couple shown in it and especially the title's font and golden colour perfectly piece with a romantic hue. Good job with the cover!

Blurb : 5/5

I am so glad with this blurb, really! The protagonist is perfectly introduced, their intentions made clear and the conflict/crisis is highlighted. According to me, these are the basic necessities of a blurb and you have fulfilled those.

Nehir's character outline according to the blurb is very fierce. Her determination and courage is represented and also, the presence of a very rigid family can also be noticed.

Again, the number of lines in your blurb is also apt. It gives the reader a teaser of the book and what they can expect from your plot. The tone and setting of the story is also established in your summary.

Grammar & Punctuation: 5/5

No grammatical or technical errors noticed. There is nothing much more to delineate in this aspect because you are a good author with good grammatical skills.

Character building: 4.5/5

There is a great level of character building.

Beginning with the protagonist Nehir(whose name I find very unique and beautiful), she's a super strong character according to me. She's got great guts for sneaking away from her home, when her family belongs to the center of a crime world. Talking about a bit of world building, Nehir seems to have a large family and it also seems that her siblings are okay with their dad's business. Ayse is one such character I adore for her audacity. She's so cool for getting married to a prosecutor. The best part about your character building is that it is defined and detail-oriented.

Oguz seems to be in a very pitiable situation. He has to make the move yet protect themselves. I appreciate your thought-process to dedicate a whole chapter to the conversation between Oguz and his father. We can see the father's concern and Oguz determination to marry the love of his life.

Neslihan is quite scary! She represents a powerful wife of a mafia and might be the role model for other similar people. Also, her constant nagging to Metin about his previous wife and their children is one of the expected characteristics from a second wife.

Metin does look scary, but not as much as Neslihan. One thing I know about him is that he adores his first wife so much that if she weren't dead, no one would be caught in this mess!

Writing style: 3.5/5

In terms of technical aspect, as previously mentioned, there is no clear errors. However, I think that your story lacks descriptive writing.

Giving descriptions to the story is very crucial, because that is the only way the readers can imagine the whole story. Nehir's appearance, Davut's menacing look and their whole house require more description to make the story engaging.

Also, I think this story would also be apt for a first person POV. Since everything revolves around Nehir itself, seeing everything from her perspective will also be great (This is only my suggestion).

You can add more vocabulary and use different words so that your story doesn't appear like you are narrating a drama. So I think it would be better to establish the setting of the story with more descriptive words and then move on.

Plot originality: 3.5/5

There isn't much uniqueness to your plot, considering the fact that the protagonist lives in a strict family, has a love interest but is forced to marry a billionaire. However, the way you are going to navigate the story is what will add originality and newness.

Readers engagement: 4/5

I do feel there is a considerable reader's engagement, considering the fact that the readers are bound to travel with the protagonist and help her out of her mayhem. I

Total : 35/40

Focus points:

Writing style : Add more descriptions

Enjoy writing and continue your splendid work!!