Chapter 36

Warning! The last part of the chapter contains a mature scene :)

***************************

POV: Carlos

Today is the day we go back to Monaco, and I feel a bit stressed knowing I'll be so close to Lando, with no possible escape. It's less tensed between us, it looks like he is satisfied for now with my answers, but I know his curiosity is limitless.

I really wanna get to the next race as soon as possible, get relieved from all that tension by going 300 km/h, entirely focusing on driving. But at the same time, I don't wanna end this amazing week and all the good moments I've spend with Lando. It's such a conflicting situation, and I really hope that coming back to our normal routine, each in his own motor home, will make everything normal again.

— Are you ready Lando? The plane leaves in about two hours, we should go now.

— Hm? Ah yes, I finally finished closing that damn suitcase!

— I'm going to say goodbye to my parents, do you wanna come to? He nods yes and we go to the living room.

— Ay, hijos, ¿ya se van? Les voy a echar de menos en serio, me gustaría que vuelvan más a menudo. ¡Siempre están en casa aquí, saben! You're always at home here! (Oh boys, are you leaving already? I'm going to miss you really, I wish you could come back more often, you're always welcome here you know!), my mom says, addressing herself to Lando in the end.

— Yeah thanks señora!

— Bueno, tenemos una carrera la semana próxima así que no podemos quedarnos más. Pero sí, creo que quizás volveremos este verano... Al menos yo, eso está seguro. (Well we have a race next week so we can't stay for longer. But yeah, maybe we'll come back this summer... At least I will, this is for sure.) I say, looking over at Lando.

We then both get hugged by my mom, my dad preferring to shake our hand. I like seeing the Brit so included in my family, I can see that my parents genuinely love him and it warms my heart every time. And I think he likes them too, a huge smile currently plastered on his face.

— Now we really have to go, or we're gonna miss the plane, I check the time on my watch, always a bit anxious with travelling.

— Good luck boys, I wanna see you both on the podium again yeah? My dad says with a huge smile.

— Of course! Lando chuckles, and we finally leave.

The trip to the airport is quiet, but not as weird as I thought it would be. We then chat comfortably, until we're sat next to each other. Neither of us got the window this time, but I'm happy enough having the papaya boy by my side.

Still fairly scared of any turbulences, I would love to repeat the previous flight where Lando held my hand for a while, but after everything that happened, I'm way too scared. And I can't just exactly ask either...

POV Lando:

I know Carlos is kinda afraid of the way the plane moves right now, and I'd love to be able to comfort him, but something is holding me back. All I can do is try to distract him, focusing on next week instead.

— When are you planning on getting to Baku?

— Hm? Oh, I think probably Tuesday, so I have a few days to rest in Monaco and pack again, something like that. I don't really like hotels either, so I won't say no to any more day at home!

— Well, you should come back, staying at Hilton you know!

— Advertising your sponsors even out of the track eh? He says laughing, making me smile, happy that my goal to cheer him up was achieved.