Chapter 4

POV: Carlos

The third practice had gone pretty well, I felt really confident here, the car and track also feeling great. Obviously, I am a bit pissed that Max is still in front for now but we are pretty close so I just have to focus on getting ready for the qualifications.

Someone else is haunting my thoughts though, and his name is Lando. I was considering telling him everything but to think about it alone makes me feel so scared and panicked, that I'm lost about the next thing to do. Should I invite him after the race? Send him a message? Play drunk to test the waters, and be able to deny everything, in case it doesn't go well?

Anyway, I am now looking at my phone, daydreaming once again about our past laughs, all the good times we had when sharing the same team. I don't regret coming to Ferrari, it is like a dream for me too, but something about the ambient at the orange paddock just makes me feel nostalgic.

I lay down in bed, sighing and closing my eyes. I put on some jazz, because I found recently that it helps me calm down, and try to relax. I know that the massage person is about to come anytime now and just wait, in the quite narrow room. Like I thought, not even minutes later a loud knock resonates in the air.

— Yeah come in!

As for my biggest shock, it isn't the usual massage man but actually... the one and only Lando Norris, who I really don't need right now.

— Lando?

— Yeah mate sorry for interrupting, hum, I was lonely and thought it would be okay to have a chat with you but you look busy so... Sorry

He starts turning on his heels, probably thinking I need to rest or whatever, and I find myself grabbing his wrist once again, not knowing why my impulsive acts are so strong.

—No wait! my hold gets softer, not wanting to harm him in any way

— Hum?

— I uh... It'd be really nice to have a chat, and I wasn't doing anything so yeah have a seat! To be honest I thought it would be the massage person because they were supposed to come but I guess you are better company! I say while smiling widely

He seems to detail all of my body before smiling sincerely, and offering me something I'd never dared dreaming of.

— Oh... do you want me to give you one? I'm pretty good at that, I mean, that's what my girlfriend told me, he says with a grin, unknowingly shattering my hopes and making my heart beat faster at the same time.

I consider the stinky situation I am currently in, torn between my need for comfort and attention, and the reason in me telling me to stop being delusional and feeding these unreachable hopes. I am also trying to decipher if he is joking, but the way his arms are crossed and how he looks at me so seriously and seductively makes me think that he isn't. So, I think: "if that's all I'm ever going to get, might as well take it"

— I mean... maybe? I'll rate it after, I try to say in a playful way, so he doesn't get the wrong idea about this

— Oh you don't have to, he says in his classical joking "superior" voice, I already know I'll get a 10!

— That we will see!

And after that very strange conversation, I take off my shirt in a swift motion, putting it on the side before laying down on the massage table, my head facing the floor through the little hole meant for that purpose. I can feel myself getting a bit excited by his presence and have to remember that he is just doing this out of sympathy, as a friend.

— So Carlos, he says with a musical voice, how was today's practice?

As he starts asking me the question, I feel his cold hands running down my back and I shiver from the touch, closing my eyes to enjoy the moment. I can feel every pression he puts on my shoulders, every light or strong squeeze of my muscles, every time his fingers run against my skin. I try to clear my voice, relaxing and answering him.